Were looking for an Information Technology Helpdesk Engineer to join our enthusiastic support team! If you like to tinker with tech, & love to help people, this one might be for you - in this role, you will be responsible for helping Via manage the tools & technologies that are the backbone of our companys operations. This role affords the opportunity to wear several hats, from taking on our most complex tech tickets, to helping a new hire get their laptop running on their first day. This specialist will be onsite in our NYC office 80% of the time, with the ability to remotely support global regions & offices.
What You'll Do:
- Work both individually & collaboratively on our day-to-day support operations, in order to provide excellent service to our employees. This includes answering ticket cases, chats, calls, & video conferences to provide:
- Computer support - providing hands-on & remote user assistance, by installing, configuring, & maintaining IT related computers & equipment. Utilize & manage MDM systems.
- Network support providing assistance & hands-on support to local networking equipment
- Application support - ensuring client applications stay up & running, & offer technical support (directly or in front of the global support teams) when they dont
- Global support working together with the global teams to resolve big-ticket issues, & maintain hardware/software
- Manage user access & permissions to Vias Cloud apps on a rolling basis as our team continues to grow.
- Ensure a positive & smooth onboarding experience for new employees by setting up their tools & technology. Similarly manage offboarding for outgoing employees.
- Be responsible for tracking incidents to conclusion, in line with our SLAs & quality standards.
- Continually measure, monitor, & work to drive down our incident levels.
- Work with our business operations team to help set up new Via offices across the US & abroad.
Who You Are:
- Patient & happy to help - customer service is at your core.
- A curious tinkerer, but mindful of risk & IT security - you live to solve large & complex problems, but you dont mind fixing somebodys laptop.
- A natural leader with a low ego & a sense of humor - you dont take yourself too seriously.
- Knowledge, or excitement to learn in the following technical areas:
- Troubleshooting Mac, Windows, Android, & iOS operating systems.
- Experience managing Cloud service tools such as G Suite, Okta, & other SaaS tools
- Proficiency in managing computer networking, Wi-Fi access points, TCP/IP, DNS, VPN, & security tools
- Knowledge of 2 factor authenticator (2FA) systems
- Knowledge of help desk ticketing systems
- You have 3-5 years experience in a similar IT role
What Catches Our Eye:
- Experience supporting 1000+ employees & managing enterprise-level tools & technologies.
- You see yourself as an emerging leader in the IT space, even if you havent worked at this scale before.
- Experience with AWS & JAMF is a plus.
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities & transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, & operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive & authentic workplace. If youre excited about this role but your past experience doesnt align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, & voices are welcomed & celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?