Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Technical Strategy Operations Associate to join our Insurance Operations team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
What is the Position?
In this role, you will work within Oscars Insurance Operations organization with a focus on creating efficiency & scale through technology & automation. You will be responsible for identifying, scoping, & implementing technical solutions for operational challenges across the provider, member, and/or claims lifecycles. Potential projects include building & improving upon Oscars adjudication infrastructure & underlying logic, playing a key role in the transition to a next generation technology platform for core insurance functions, or driving cross-functional initiatives that will contribute to unique provider & member experiences that are vital to supporting Oscars growing membership. You will be responsible for owning, developing, & prioritizing a technical operations roadmap & working directly with operations engineers to get things done.
Youll work alongside the rest of the Insurance Operations team, Product & Engineering, Data Science, & business leads to understand requirements & develop solutions. Well expect you to understand complexity, distill it, & explain it in simple, structured terms.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Insurance Operations
- Lead iterative problem definition & technical scoping in close collaboration with business & technical teams across Oscar to build solutions that radically improve the efficacy & efficiency of existing operational processes or unlock new capabilities
- Distill the requirements of new product & market expansions & design automated workflows to reduce manual work requirements
- Support the Provider, Member, and/or Claims operations team to resolve provider & member escalations through issue investigation, training, & technical tooling
- Independently track & manage month-to-month deadlines, balancing urgency against importance while owning & developing a longer-term technical roadmap
- A bachelors degree
- 3+ years SQL/Python experience
- 3+ years experience in a technical role (QA analyst, PM, operations analyst, finance, consulting, industrial engineering)
- An academic & professional background in coding, math, statistics, or data science
- Knowledge & passion of healthcare and/or health insurance
- Knowledge management, training, or content development experience
- Start-up experience
Life at Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.