Who We Are?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The Senior Director, Performance Marketing will report to the CMO & will lead General Assemblys performance marketing function. This position will be responsible for setting the overall media strategy, setting annual 8-figure marketing budgets, target ROIs, & leading the media buying team & outside agencies in the successful execution of that strategy. The Senior Director, Performance Marketing will provide critical input to & partner with other marketing leaders, Creative Services, & Product to create compelling integrated experiences for prospective class attendees & corporate clients that adhere to brand standards, from advertising to the website conversion funnel. The successful candidate will have a high degree of business acumen, proactivity, & emotional intelligence.
- Set long-term & annual strategy for growing the effectiveness & efficiency of the media spend.
- Build & lead the internal/agency teams responsible for the media planning, buys, & analysis of results with an increasing degree of specialization & sophistication. Make the business case to Marketing & Corporate leadership for incremental resources & budget where appropriate to the growth goals of the company.
- Analyze & evaluate media & acquisition opportunities, synthesize & report insights & trends, & develop action plans & remediation efforts to hit & exceed targets, includes pitching incremental upside opportunities & scenario planning
- Responsible for overall demand gen, & delivering both the consumer-side KPIs (leads, CPL) as well as the enterprise-side KPIs (MQLs, CPMQL). In partnership with Admissions/Enterprise Sales, responsible for driving bookings, & ROI on the media spend.
- Partner with other marketing leaders, Product, Technology, & other key functions to assert the MarTech stack needed to accomplish this ongoing growth, & participate in the selection & implementation of the various components.
- Constantly evaluate new & untested sources, as well as opportunities to improve the efficiency of all sources via conversion rate optimization, creative & copy testing, & targeting. Drive a test-and-learn culture for the media buying team & the larger marketing organization.
- Give input to broader market segmentation efforts based on the results of media targeting
- Participate as a member of the Marketing Leadership team.
- Ensure there are proper risk-management controls around the media buy spend. Foster a culture of process & controls on the media buying team.
Who You Are
- You have 10 years+ of overall marketing experience, with at least 5+ years managing a multi-source media budget of at least $25 million & a team of at least 4 direct reports/agencies, with proven ability to grow the spend & maintain the allowable.
- Youre proactive & strategic but can build & enforce processes where the details get managed well also.
- You dont mind rolling up your sleeves & getting your hands dirty. Youre familiar with various analytics & media performance reporting tools for core digital media (Google AdWords, Facebook, as well as other display/retargeting, affiliate program management software, etc.)
- Youre nimble & enjoy the sport of constantly optimizing the value of your teams media buy
- Where applicable, youre a skilled negotiator.
- Youre a lifelong learner, & youve got your ear to the ground for new opportunities, because media, technology, & best practices are constantly evolving.
- Youre energized by our mission of transforming peoples lives & careers through experiential education.
Drive for Results
Plans & Aligns
Drives Vision & Purpose