As a Content Security Engineer at Peloton, you'll be a part of the core team that keeps client infrastructure redundant, scalable, & secure. The Streaming Engineering team is responsible for creating, protecting, & monitoring Pelotons streaming infrastructure. We do this by developing & maintaining a media asset workflow that manages both live & video on demand (VOD) content. Ultimately, the goal is to ensure the highest quality video content for our members. Our team also works with the production team to manage the automated ingestion of new media. We also collaborate with software engineering to improve the quality of asset management.
The Content Security Technology Engineer is a new & innovative role under Streaming Engineering designed to leverage technology to solve security problems & be forward-thinking in the forensic posture at Peloton. This role will support in designing & securing technology, infrastructure, storage, & solutions for the Content team not only looking at our external posture but looking at our internal asset management & access control over the assets.
- Helping design & secure adaptive media delivery production facilities.
- Driving a secure identity management solution that meets the needs of production.
- Participate in the secure development of functional requirements & technical specifications for the Peloton platform.
- Research & Pilot content security/industry-specific technology. This includes forward-thinking initiatives such as designing & helping implement end-to-end secure cloud workflows for content creation.
- Creating technical security documentation & hardening guidelines for Peloton & vendor system ecosystems.
- Maintaining partnerships with Information Security teams (network monitoring, vulnerability management, etc).
- Liaise & facilitate communication between business partners & multi-functional teams and/or vendors.
- Develop & maintain a working knowledge of trends & standard methodologies.
- Establish & cultivate positive relationships at all levels.
- Experience with video & audio encoding (H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC...) or streaming (HLS, MPEG-DASH...) technologies
- Experience in development & support of production systems used in a 24x7 operations environment
- Experience in analyzing & improving efficiency, scalability, stability, reliability, & performance of CDN infrastructure
- Experience with Hollywood grade DRM systems, i.e. Playready, Widevine & Fairplay
- 4+ years of professional IT/technical/Content Security experience in the Media & Entertainment industry.
- Experience in securing networks & systems in a production environment.
- Experience serving as a domain expert in providing technical guidance & standard methodologies for systems & tools common in Media & Entertainment.
- Experience testing systems required to support production.
- Experience providing technical solutions with a focus on automation & security.
- Experience deploying & securing an identity management system for an organization.
- Ability to navigate the complexities of prioritization while balancing partner relationships.
- Superb communication skills in all written, oral, & presentation capabilities, with an ability to convey complex concepts to all levels of personnel (staff to executive).
- Effectively coordinates work & communication across disparate groups.
- Able to quickly adapt to new technical & functional concepts.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with multiple contending priorities.
- The successful candidate will have spent several years of their career in customer-facing roles in the field of Media & Entertainment industry
- Experience working with end-user developer communities.
- Experience supporting partners & programs.
- Experience with digital rights management.
- Experience with video codecs & compression.
- Experience in Broadcast/Broadband Television, Video-On-Demand.
- Experience with AWS media services.
- Experience working with global medial delivery in a multi-CDN environment.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.