At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes & fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged & empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses & are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory & expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country & have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers & turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values & forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic & highly motivated team & work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact & make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the Role
We are a close-knit group of engineers of different stripes - developers, testers, dev ops, & product owners - who are working together to solve interesting e-commerce, & supply chain problems around how people eat. Youll collaborate daily with talented colleagues across the organization.
We are looking for developers who are excited to reduce time to delivery, reduce ongoing maintenance, & increase reliability. As a member of our team, youll work on features & capabilities to support new brand launches & migrations, & have a huge impact on the backend systems architecture design to front end development.
- Design & build new features, simplify existing services, work on migrations, & scale our systems as we rapidly grow & evolve. HelloFresh platform serves millions globally to deliver the best experience for our customers & internal users.
- Partner with members of a cross-functional team & other stakeholders to set the direction of our platform & product: learn about our business problems, explore solutions, weigh design tradeoffs, help write effective user stories, & prioritize them to deliver maximum value in a sustainable, incremental fashion.
- Be able to spend time learning & developing technical skills in dedicated learning sessions, & show off your technical chops via ambitious OKRs.
- A curious, solution-oriented member of autonomous, cross-functional agile teams collaborating with Product Owners, Frontend & Backend Engineers, Designers, & Business Intelligence teams.
- Able to develop an in-depth understanding of HelloFreshs core product & architecture, & act as an ambassador for state of the art software solutions & industry best practices offering support & mentorship to colleagues.
- Strive for continuous learning & improvement for yourself & your team: quickly adapting when priorities change & making conscious tradeoffs with incomplete information.
- Working experience in an agile software development team including CI/CD methods & practices
- 2+ years of experience in writing code using one of the following: Golang, NodeJS, Python, PHP
- Experience working with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL) & NoSQL technologies (e.g. MongoDB), with demonstrable ability to write & execute effective queries
- Good working experience with Docker & container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes
- Hands on experience managing infrastructure as code on a public cloud, a bonus
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or, equivalent
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary & company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh & Chefs Plate boxes
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- We trust & support you - take ownership of your work & push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression & provide learning & development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Youll work with fun, energetic, & supportive teams.
- Weve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday & milestone celebrations, youll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
When we return to the office:
To ensure the health & safety of our employees during COVID-19, our HQ employees are working remotely through until June 2021! When we return to the office, youll love:
- Our bright & functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, a ping pong table, & local craft beer on tap!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy & not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, & more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building & nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills & experience, & strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, & People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender & sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer & is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.