Were looking for a Global Mobility Specialist to join our People Operations Department. This position will be responsible for both US & non-US Immigration. You will also focus on domestic & international relocations.The ideal person will be a subject matter expert in all things Global Mobility (immigration, relocation & taxation) & a team player that can adapt to a fast-paced & ever-changing environment!
- Manage new hire immigration cases, ensuring candidates are properly assessed for sponsorship in consideration of Appians Immigration policy.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the new hire in conjunction with immigration counsel to ensure the new hire onboarded in an efficient manner.
- Work with current visa-holding employees to ensure continued work authorization including amendments, extensions, permanent residency & business travel.
- In partnership with immigration counsel, continuously communicate timeline, overall process to ensure a reasonable set of expectations is set with all concerned parties - employee, manager, & HR Business Partners
- Serve first point of contact from escalations from employees or business leaders with concerns regarding immigration processes.
- Own the internal process for permanent residency requirements & ensure we follow all country specific immigration compliance requirements & documentation.
- Manage both domestic & international relocation & transfer cases.
- Develop a relocation policy that meets the needs of the business globally.
- Ensure immigration data is accurately maintained & work in conjunction with the broader People Operations team advising on Global Right to Work Checks & immigration compliance & audits.
- Manage immigration for temporary client assignments.
- Assist with vendor management of immigration counsel & tax advisors.
- Maintain our global mobility site which include process workflows, policy guidelines, & other necessary resources.
- Strategize a plan of action for each case to ensure consistency in policy while balancing the needs of the business & maintaining compliance.
- Manage the physical & electronic immigration files.
- 5+ years of experience in Global Mobility
- Experience supporting both US & Non US Immigration
- Working knowledge of relocation/mobility policies & processes in line with industry standards to include the establishment of policies & outsourcing services
- Knowledge & experience working with tax/payroll, legal, benefits, & immigration issues
- Experience managing vendors preferred
- Customer-service focused
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective & concise verbal & written communications skills.
- Ability to demonstrate complete discretion when handling sensitive & confidential information.
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.