All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, & our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada & Texas.
Were a late stage start-up that places technology & innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform & automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines & our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics & other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C & B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful & seamless shopping experience is at the core of who were are. We value each & every customer & every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant & fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people & operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time & money, which in turn makes their lives easier. Thats where you come in!
Want to move more than just bits & bytes? How about working alongside a world-class operations & robotics team to move packages all across the US? Want to innovate & push the boundaries of fulfillment technology?
Boxed operates its own fulfillment centers & has built its own software stack to support their operations. This platform integrates with self driving robotics & next-generation automation hardware to be as efficient & reliable as possible.You will be writing software & working with operation managers to push the bar in operational excellence. The stack is mostly comprised of NodeJS, MongoDB, ReactJS & iOS-based devices.
Here is a tour of our fulfillment center & how we think about automation:Click here for the tour!
- Think on your feet to solve time-sensitive logistics problems
- Design & build scalable systems as part of our proprietary warehouse management platform that supports a multitude of functions including picking, packing, inventory, procurement etc.
- Work closely with the robotics team to automate fulfillment centers.
- Collaborate with operations managers to unlock new opportunities for efficiency & customer delight
- Travel to our fulfillment centers to work hands-on with your customers & see the impact of your work.
- Design APIs to be used by our Product Engineering team that enrich our platforms value to customers & corporate partnerships.
- Prioritize time to market over perfection.
- Refactor your imperfect code into abstractions that could potentially be monetized in unexpected ways.
- Demonstrable results & products from 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with Databases (NoSQL & MongoDB a plus)
- Experience with iOS based development a plus
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in small teams
- Ability to learn & adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Experience building Warehouse Management Systems
- Experience in Embedded Programming/ Robotics
- Experience Mentoring Engineers
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, & lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!