Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA), the consulting arm of Visa, is a global team of industry experts in strategy, marketing, operations, risk & digital consulting, with decades of experience in the payments industry. Our VCA teams offers:
- Consulting services customized to the needs of Visa client's business objectives & strategy
- Digital solutions Visa clients can leverage to improve performance in product, marketing & operations
- Proven data-driven marketing strategies to increase clients' ROI
The VCA team is looking for an individual to join our consulting practice & play a role in developing high impact projects for Visa's clients in the North America region. The potential candidate will be responsible for delivering & implementing projects & solutionswith Large Financial Institutions (FI's). This person will develop initiatives to promote sustainable & profitable growth, thereby ensuring that Visa is both,thepreferred brand & unique business partner.
Potential engagements could include product development, program launch, card acquisition, life cycle optimization, benchmark analysis, profitability enhancement.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Proactively engage Visa leaders in regular strategic & planning discussions; cultivate & manage a pipeline of work with Large FIs.
- Leads consulting initiatives & contributes to closing engagement by identifying potential opportunities with Large FIs.
- Develop frameworks, approaches, solutions & recommendations that effectively & efficiently address the most impactful opportunities & challenges.
- Build solutions & actionable insights that will help clients to grow their card portfolios & customer engagement in their core business
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., sales, marketing, sales, risk, innovation) & across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth & depth of Visa's resources
- Produce insights, analyses & recommendations to improve client performance, boost growth, drive understanding of client issues & provide strategic guidance for client priorities across the product categories & segments
- Ability to effectively manipulate & analyze large data sets (industry & Visa) to determine meanings insights & recommendations for clients
- Build new scalable solutions, toolkits, best practice documents & consulting approach that can be applied across VCA practice
Incumbents applying for the role should be self-motivated, highly energized; detail-oriented individuals who will deliver strategic thought leadership, problem diagnostics & high impact solutions to clients support the growth & performance. Candidates must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with internal & external clients & across the Visa organization.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelors Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- 10-15 years of relevant experience managing credit card portfolios & experience from a large management consulting firm
- Experience working with financial indicators to measure business performance. Significant focus on impacting ROI
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual & analytical rigor
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
- Knowledge & understanding of banking operations and/ or payment schemes, including products & services, business systems & processes, marketing initiatives & card acquiring experience
- Excellent communication, story-telling & presentation skills
- Technology mindset, curious, up-to-date with digital trends & applications
- Team focus
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work around 25%of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.