What do we do?
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of our kind & founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users & more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students & teachers across the world. If you haven't heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask any teacher.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Data Engineering team at TpT, you will be working on the development & delivery of data solutions to ensure that people & systems have access to reliable, high quality, curated data. You will work alongside Platform & Product Engineering teams, as well as business teams including Analytics, Product, Marketing, & Finance. Youll work to build & improve our Data Warehouse, pipelines, & related infrastructure, using your ability to think systematically, abstractly, & empathetically.
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Strong grasp of advanced SQL, including windowing functions, nested queries, regular expressions, & a solid understanding of how relational databases & cloud data warehouses work.
- Experience with backend web development practices & tools, including CI/CD, SQL databases, APIs, git/GitHub, etc.
- Experience with building, scaling, & monitoring resilient systems.
- Experience with data warehouse design & development, including dimensional modeling & ETL/ELT pipelines, with a focus on data quality.
- Enjoys mentoring teammates & working collaboratively with peer engineering teams.
- Committed to continuous learning, & communicating & sharing those learnings out.
- At least three years of experience as a software engineer, with at least one year on a Data Engineering team.
- Experience with the primary tools we use: BigQuery, dbt, Looker, Airflow, Kubernetes, AWS, Python.
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to speak, & write clearly to technical & nontechnical audiences.
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually & collectively. To achieve our mission of Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best, we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are We Learn & Grow Together & We Enjoy the Journey. Weve committed to these values & to our employees through investing in added benefits & perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO & Wellness Days
- 5 Week Recharge Leave after 5 Years, to refresh & celebrate the impact youve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Mothers Room
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity & belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate & learn from each other
- Professional Development Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if youre a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection & use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.