Bread makes essential purchases affordable to regular people. We transform pricing in e-commerce: The $1,000 couch youre looking at might become a $50/month charge. Clear, transparent terms with fair rates. Add a powerful, flexible merchant API that can seamlessly integrate financing anywhere in the e-commerce experience, & youve got Bread.
This position is an essential, strategic component of the Bread Sales team. The Business Development Representative (BDR) acts as a partner with the Account Executives driving meetings with large prospective clients. The BDR provides frontline, inbound & outbound prospecting, lead generation, & follow up, clearly qualifying partnership opportunities & communicating Breadss value to merchants.
Things youll do:
- Manage & qualify incoming leads via phone & email
- Work with marketing to optimize incoming lead funnel/process
- Initiate the sales process via outbound & inbound communications
- Manage small outbound territory in addition to managing inbound lead flow
- Create client interest, answer questions & qualify sales opportunities
- Capture pertinent client data & update the Salesforce.com database
- Set-up meetings for appropriate Account Executive & help prep for call
- Work as an integral part of a team to ensure timely & successful service launch
- Help develop & evolve Breads overall prospecting strategy & approach
- 1+ years of experience in a B2B business development role
- College degree
- Dynamic personality with a high energy level
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with internal & external customers
- Understanding of business phone & email etiquette
- Excellent organizational skills & ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Ability to deal with & adjust quickly to change
- Experience in the online marketing and/or retail/e-commerce arenas preferred
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, an excellent communicator, has a great attitude, a strong work ethic & possesses an unwavering commitment to success & learning.
What you get:
Heres what you should expect when you join Bread:
- Competitive salaries
- Employee stock options
- Company & team volunteer days
- Full benefits (medical/dental/vision) & 401k plan
- Snacks, Drinks & more Snacks
- Ongoing professional development
- Company events & awesome culture
Who we are:
Our team is top tier. Our CEO has been involved with many successful fintech startups in New York. Our CTO spent years building high-end financial systems at banks & asset managers & then went to Yale Law School for fun. Our lead engineer was employee #1 at a company that Google bought for $400 million. Most importantly, we are a hard working, ambitious group that is devoted to our mission.
And our VCs are top tier, too: Bessemer, RRE, Greycroft, Maveron, Red Swan, Box Group, & others. And they couldnt be more excited about the ambition & scope of what we are building.
Have additional questions? We would love to hear from you - email@example.com