Upstart is a leading AI lending platform partnering with banks to expand access to affordable credit. As we transitioned to being a public company, were now poised to leverage our domain expertise & revolutionize every aspect of lending & credit risk evaluation. Weve recently expanded our offerings to include automobile refinancing & we plan to take on more verticals as the business grows.
By leveraging Upstart's AI platform, Upstart-powered banks can have higher approval rates & lower loss rates, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. Upstart's patent-pending platform is the first to receive a no-action letter from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau related to fair lending. Upstart is based in San Mateo, California & Columbus, Ohio.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, wed love to hear from you!
Upstart is looking for a Group Product Manager - Personal Loans to help us achieve our mission of enabling effortless credit based on true risk. As a Group PM, you will lead a product pillar, guiding products from conception to launch across engineering, machine learning, & product management. You will design & develop systems that improve the accuracy & speed of our experimentation, maximize LTV, & ensure that customers are sufficiently delighted to refer others. You will play an important part in imagining & bringing to life our next moonshots.
One of the reasons Upstart has experienced such rapid growth is because of the clear-eyed, analytical approach we take to product enhancements. The right candidate for this role should be highly capable, able to organize both ideas & people, & excel at problem solving of many kinds. You should have a bias toward action & be able to break down complex problems into steps that drive rapid product development. You will bridge the technical & business worlds as you first design services that our customers love & then engage stakeholders to make them a reality. By clearly defining requirements & removing blockers, you will act as a multiplier on the productivity of your team.
How youll make an impact:
- Create experimentation processes that improve conversion within the personal loan funnel with a flywheel of growth, creating predictable & sustained wins over time
- Create business cases for the next target segments of the Personal Loans market we should pursue; launch & scale these efforts, staffing & managing as needed
- Make smart trade-offs to inform the roadmap of the engineering team you lead, prioritizing the features with the highest ROI
- Passionately advocate for a customer experience that leads to extreme customer loyalty
- Collaborate with machine learning & marketing to balance long- & short-term customer value
- Demonstrate & encourage best practices both through management of direct reports as well as mentoring other PMs throughout the company
What were looking for:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5-7 years of product management experience at a growth-stage company.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in formal product leadership responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative & fast-paced environment, & to evolve product strategy based on research, data & industry trends; excellent problem-solving, organizational & analytical skills.
- Passion & aptitude for credit & financing-related economic concepts.
- Experience creating compounding growth loops for a consumer product.
- Experience managing a high velocity, high output experimental program for a consumer product.
- Experience researching, launching, & scaling products to new consumer markets.
- Experience with a product that relies on machine-learning.
- Experience building online finance products, and/or knowledge of the consumer finance market.
What youll love:
- Competitive compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, & vision coverage
- Personal development & technology & ergonomic budgets
- Life insurance & disability benefits
- Clubs & activities (Game Nights, Fitstarters, Superwomen, Book Club, Investing Club, Money Discussions, Photography Club & Basketball teams)
- Generous vacation policy
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, & are just as committed to embracing diversity & inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, & experiences, & know that we can only become better together.