Squarespace is looking for a Developer Support Engineer who will help expand support for our technical product suite. Its an exciting time at Squarespace as we ramp up channels of support for our technical users & expand our API offerings. We want someone who, like us, cares about understanding & supporting our technical users & partners. Were looking for someone who will enjoy working with our technical product suite & contributing to the team through a mix of coding, customer communication, support, consultations, & content creation (blog posts, videos, technical documentation).
At Squarespace, our Technical Product Support team is a cross-department contact for technical issues spanning across our entire product suite. We partner with a variety of teamsEngineering to debug & patch issues & Product teams to present developer user stories to improve the platform. You will help us support external developers who build with Squarespace products & consult businesses evaluating our offerings.
You will report to the Team Manager of Technical Product Support & can be based in our New York, Portland, Dublin offices or remotely [in the US].
- Advise Enterprise customers & business partners on utilization of the Squarespace Developer platform & APIs
- Help troubleshoot advanced issues on the Squarespace Developer Platform
- Resolve technical issues by filing, managing, & evaluating bugs & improvements with Product & Engineering teams
- Support business-to-business (B2B) & business-to-consumer (B2C) inquiries through technical consultations
- Advocate on behalf of the developer community by collecting & distilling user feedback to validate & influence product & engineering decisions
- Help maintain developer facing technical documentation & our Developer Portal optimizing developer experience
- 3+ years experience optimizing site performance across a variety of devices & web browsers
- Experience building a Developer Portal & resources that support developers utilize a technology
- Experience looking into unfamiliar code to gain insight into underlying issues
- Experience integrating & troubleshooting APIs
- Experience describing the structure, characteristics, & behavior of software to assorted team members who consume it
- Youre empathetic with the ability to put yourself in the customers shoes to figure out solutions that will best solve their needs or fix their issues
- You enjoy knowledge sharing, team collaboration, teaching & learning from others
- Bonus Experience (Preferred but not required so shout out about it in your application if you have experience with any of the following)
- Presentation experience evangelizing technical products (APIs & SDKs)
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.