Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The VISA BI & AnalysticsTeam is looking for a Lead Software Engineer.We'e looking for somone with experience in application development developing Data Processing pipelines & engines. Experience in designing & implementing multi-lingual text processing applicationsapplications using NLP, Information Retrieval & Machine Learning techniques is also preferred. The selected candidate will also experience withexploring & innovating new IP, genres, & product experiences. They will also have experience in ideation, software design, programming, debugging, & optimization.
- Lead your own small team of dreamers, self-starters & go getters, in an extreme programming model
- Develop new ideas into demo-able products
- Drive rapid prototyping cycles - concept to working prototype in weeks, days & hours
- Leverage the small team to the fullest to work on multiple parallel POCs & incubation efforts
- Use stubs as needed to simulate capabilities lighting up in the near future
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure & functional capabilities
- Provide feedback into core product teams to influence their roadmap & strategy
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree
- 5-10 years of experience in application development developing Data Processing pipelines & engines
- Experience with third-party libraries & APIs
- Experience using Scala, Java,Python, Spark, Map/Reduce & related Big Data Technologies
- Experience in designing & implementing multi-lingual text processing applicationsapplications using NLP, Information Retrieval & Machine Learning techniques
- Experience with Test Automation & Continuous integration using GIT, Stash, Jenkins, Bamboo etc.
- Hands-on experience with relational database such as MySQL,DB2, MongoDB etc.
- Demonstrated prior work exploring & innovating new IP, genres, & product experiences
- Experience in ideation, software design, programming, debugging, & optimization
- Prior experience working in a start-up is a plus
- Financial services and/or payments processing industry experience is a plus
The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
The position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.