We are looking for a Designer to help us build outstanding user experiences on our platform. Your designs will be used by Unity developers all over the world thats more than 4.5 million engineers!
In this role, you will be designing highly-usable interfaces that help developers connect with their players. In close collaboration with other internal design teams, you will help drive innovative projects in a dynamic environment with a high degree of self-motivation & direction.
You possess a strong understanding of the product development process, from problem definition through to detailed UI onto shipped products. You have the ability to analyse data, capture feedback from others & transform that into real results. You love actualising new insights & your aesthetic is massively appealing.
- Work with the Product, Research & Engineering teams to define & understand the requirements of a given product/feature
- Design & prototype ideas quickly, & validate product decisions using feedback & data
- Participate in workshops & product feedback sessions with design & engineering
- Partner with engineers as they build & ship ideas
- Produce usable components for cross-functional engineering teams to integrate directly into the product
- Be actively involved in defining the overall design vision for our products, working in terms of design systems
- Interact directly with customers to understand their struggles & using their feedback to modify designs to better meet their needs
- Experience designing digital products or tools in/for the gaming industry
- Ability to understand & follow a design system, & contribute to it
- Ability to communicate regularly (written & verbally) with precision, clarity, & respect
- A portfolio of product design work demonstrating strong User Experience, interaction design, & visual design skills
- Ability to develop high level & detailed personas, journey maps, wireframes, storyboards, mockups, & prototypes to efficiently communicate interactions & design concepts
Experience designing services and/or tools for multiplayer & networked games
Technical knowledge of the underlying web technologies & approaches such as HTML, CSS, JS, responsive design concepts, React, or progressive enhancement
Background in Human Computer Interaction
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the worlds leading platform for creating & operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, & others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unitys platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run & monetize interactive, real-time 2D & 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, & augmented & virtual reality devices.
The companys 1,400+ person research & development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases & platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable & positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters & recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter & agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.