At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europes vibrant tech hub Berlin, weve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector & inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes & thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 14 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London, Amsterdam & Copenhagen & shipped out more than 260 Million meals in 2019.
Our more than 5,000 employees are the heart & soul of our highly international, fast-paced, & dynamic environment where innovation & smart, fast action is encouraged.
We want you to join us & help take HelloFresh to the next level - as a company in its growth phase this is a great time to join. Career & development opportunities are endless.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
Our Engineering, Data, Product & Security teams are located in Berlin & New York & are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services & add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems & have a high output of building & releasing features & engines that make our business thrive & deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
About the job
As an Engineering Manager, you'll be joining our Conversions Tribe & Squads & will be working towards the goal of measuring & increasing the number of customers for HelloFresh group to support business operations & growth. These Squads are dealing with HelloFresh's team around the globe, giving you a direct international exposure.
- As an Engineering Manager you will be actively contributing to the codebase & managing a cross-functional team of engineers.
- You will be responsible for the on-time delivery of your teams projects, through creating a framework of accountability, & continuously optimizing your teams performance by promoting a culture of excellence, where best practices & industry standards are an everyday habit.
- Enable quick & accurate decision making within the team by facilitating discussions, as well as driving the team to be more autonomous & self-sufficient.
- You will coach, mentor, & further grow & develop engineers on your team.
- As the manager of the team, you are expected to provide valuable & timely feedback to your team, as well as conduct regular performance reviews.
- You will be reporting directly to a Director of Engineering & you will be working closely with them on topics as hiring & capacity planning.
Who we are looking for
- You are an experienced software engineer who still contributes to the code, but also maintains an awareness of the bigger picture.
- You have experience managing at least one cross-functional team in an agile environment
- You have a great understanding & working knowledge of building scalable architecture
- You have the ability to communicate clearly, listen & show empathy.
- You are a self-organized individual, with focus & ability to prioritise your workload using business data & metrics.
- You can use creativity to solve complex problems.
- You are a humble leader, who is able to motivate a team & drive them to their full potential.
What we offer
- Relocation assistance to move to Berlin & visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning & development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse & vibrant international environment
- A range of perks (Free in-house crash course in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series & knowledge sharing programme, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations & earliest starting date.