The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
The RealReal is looking for individuals who have the ability to work with very discriminating clientele & have a passion for luxury product. The Associate Luxury Managers provide White Glove service for the countrys largest online luxury consignment marketplace.
The Group Manager for Repeat manages a growing team of Associate Luxury Managers that drive sales & product acquisition by managing the companys existing client base. This position is based out of The RealReal office in New York, NY & will report to the Senior Regional Director of Field Sales.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Shadowing on appointments, listening to phone calls, reviewing outreach attachments to improve/monitor performance
- Ensure ALMs are performing across all categories & coach/train to improve in respective categories (including referrals). Liaise with authentication, operations & merchandising to provide training when needed
- Field general Q&A from ALMs.Manage elevated consignor issues directly with consignors & liaise with consignor relations to resolve
- Ensure consignors are comfortable with their new ALMs, manage re-assignments & placementsOutreach to consignors who have not repeated & pair with a new ALM assignment.
- Work with director to analyze existing client base & define appropriate opportunities to develop existing clients
- Monitor progress on each campaign & ensure ALMs are receiving the next campaign in a timely manner
- Assist in tweaking messaging & execution
- Leverage customer reporting in order to identify opportunities to increase client engagement & consignments
- Manage daily operations like supplies, calendar, expenses.Breaking out goals into daily, weekly & monthly strategy; Recruitment, monthly touch bases, manage gaps in open positions & vacations
- Ensure team is following protocol in processing, pricing, consignor communication etc.
- Interviewing, hiring, & training employees; planning, assigning, & directing work; appraising performance; rewarding & disciplining employees; addressing complaints & resolving problems
- 4 year degree preferred
- 2+ years of sales management experience with luxury brand or retailer
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Outstanding communication & presentation skills; able to articulate a vision, strategy or idea clearly to the team & consignors
- The ability to work at both strategic & tactical levels
- Fluency in English (written & verbal) required
- Appreciation & deep interest for fashion & the luxury segment
- Complete mobility required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service ; responds to requests for service & assistance; meets commitments
- Communications ability
- Expresses ideas & thoughts verbally; expresses ideas & thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening & comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects & uses appropriate communication methods
- Capacity to manage customer focus
- Promotes customer focus; establishes customer service standards; provides training in customer service delivery; monitors customer satisfaction; develops new approaches to meeting customer needs
- Performance coaching
- Defines responsibilities & expectations; sets goals & objectives; gives performance feedback; motivates for increased results; recognizes contributions; encourages training & development
- Exhibits confidence in self & others; inspires & motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions & opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others
- Ability to manage people
- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating & process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills & encourages growth; solicits & applies customer feedback (internal & external); fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products & services.; continually works to improve supervisory skills
- Business acumen
- Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market & competition; aligns work with strategic goals
- Consultative selling
- Qualifies potential customers; builds rapport & establishes trust; asks questions to discover client business needs; applies product & market knowledge effectively; presents solutions that meet customer objectives; manages & documents sales process
- Achievement focus
- Sets & achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence & overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes & acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals
- Planning & organizing ability
- Prioritizes & plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals & objectives; organizes or schedules other people & their tasks; develops realistic action plans