Appian is a platform for building enterprise software applications, faster. We help you automate & transform your business by creating new apps from scratch, or by connecting & enhancing legacy applications all up to 20X faster than traditional development. With Appian, you get the speed of low-code development with the power of intelligent automation in one trusted & unified cloud platform.
The Instructional Designer (ID) is responsible for applying instructional design models & approaches to design a variety of courses for Appian professionals. The ID works closely with HR Business Partners & business leaders to understand the needs of the customer group & support content development and/or facilitation as needed to create meaningful, relevant, & interactive courses. The ID reports directly to the Director, Learning & Development.
- Strong background in instructional design & experience with different methodologies including ADDIE & SAM.
- Ability to design & develop instructor-led, eLearning, & blended solutions with a keen focus on creating meaningful & interactive learning experiences.
- Ability to use authoring tools, such as the Articulate360 suite of products, to create interactive e-learning courses.
- Excellent interpersonal & relationship-building skills.
- Proven track record designing & development learning solutions in a variety of both hard & soft skill topics.
- Ability to achieve deadlines & manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
Developing online training modules, partnering with subject matter experts to keep content relevant & updated, managing LMS, & continuing to help develop current training offerings. The ideal candidate will be comfortable creating eLearning modules, creating & editing multimedia elements for the online courses, & have a can-do attitude, specifically:
- Developing & maintaining eLearning content & modules.
- Creating storyboards/scripts & production-ready content for video or web-based training programs & advising on production.
- Partnering with internal teams to produce high quality eLearning content.
- Assisting with managing administrative capabilities in the LMS.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Instructional Design, Adult Learning, or related field.
- 3-5 years instructional design and/or curriculum development in a corporate setting.
- Experience designing for various delivery approachesphysical classroom, virtual classroom, eLearning, experiential, & collaborative.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.