ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- FanDuel TV "The Bettor Sports Network" bringing live sports & interactive content to the games fans care about most
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel Group is looking to add to its dynamic & rapidly expanding legal team a Director, Regulatory Compliance & Operations with 10-15+ years of regulatory operational experience to manage FanDuels compliance with its highly complex state regulatory requirements & build out & manage effective compliance frameworks across regulatory management, change management, monitoring & testing, reporting, regulatory audits & proactive regulatory engagement.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
This position will join a fantastic team of talented legal & regulatory professionals striving to maintain & continually enhance FanDuels position as the most trusted operator in this industry in the eyes of our regulators. Reporting to FanDuels Vice President of Regulatory, this role will be a strategic leader of a sophisticated team of regulatory operational professionals & compliance experts in one of the most challenging & exciting areas of the company. Specifically, this position is responsible for the following key area:
- Regulation Management & Change Management: responsible for building & maintaining a best-in-class framework & methodology for maintaining compliance with each states regulatory obligations with all FanDuel products. Includes understanding tech, tools, change management.
- Regulatory Compliance Monitoring: manages monitoring & testing of FanDuels internal controls & regulatorily required processes & procedures to aid business with maintaining effective compliance.
- Regulatory Reporting: responsible for interaction with state regulators with respect to regular reporting obligations, including building & maintaining FanDuels holistic calendar for all state regulatory reporting obligations; engaging with internal stakeholders on reporting obligations; delivery of all requested reports; & managing related follow-up; & delivery & follow-up with all state ad hoc regulatory reports (fraud, promotions, financial, tax etc.).
- Regulatory Audits: responsible for managing all regulatory audits.
- Regulatory Training & Communication: responsible for design & delivery of all state regulatory training & communication for employees around working in a highly regulated environment, including on boarding training as well as rapid design, delivery & documentation of lessons learned training.
- Regulatory Metrics & Reporting: responsible for maintaining effective & accurate metrics to enable effective operational & strategic reporting for internal stakeholders & external third parties, including regulators with respect to state regulatory engagement.
- Regulatory Policies & Procedures: partners with Risk team to design, draft & maintain required policies, procedures, processes & reporting necessary for FanDuel to maintain compliance with each states regulatory regimes.
- Retail & VIP Compliance: partner with retail & VIP management teams to oversee the centralized compliance function that will design & execute effective compliance frameworks, practices, documentation & reporting in these two key risk areas of the company.
- Market Access Partner Engagement: partners with the business team that management market access relationships on all areas where there is overlap between regulators & MAPs.
- Internal Stakeholder Engagement: responsible for engaging regularly with the right internal stakeholders to bring transparency & encourage effective problem solving relating to all regulatory management, reporting & audit issues. Engages in close partnership with the technical regulatory advisory team, the lobbying team, the regulatory licensing team, the federal regulatory compliance team, the litigation team, the employment law team, the marketing team, the customer operations team & the risk team (among others) to enable a seamless & effective approach to our regulators.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- This hire must have superior stakeholder/regulatory operations proven experience, top notch analytical, strategic, communication, interpersonal & tool-management skills are of paramount importance, as is a strong work ethic, commitment to being both an exceptional manager as well as a team player who rolls up her or his sleeves, & an aptitude to learn quickly the nuances of an extremely complex & ever-growing company, industry, & regulatory landscape.
- Once hired, the Director of State Regulatory Compliance & Operations will be required to obtain state gaming licenses from various jurisdictions in order to represent FanDuel before regulators & view sensitive customer personal information
- 10-15+ years of total regulatory operations experience, preferably to include working in a highly regulated, complex fast-paced operational environment.
- Experience building out effective compliance processes in a rapid-growth environment strongly preferred.
- A strong aptitude for policy, process, procedure, analytics, & effective reporting.
- A passion for people management, team building & a desire to work hard in a fast-paced, rapidly scaling & highly complex environment.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.