At Kano, design & storytelling are king. Experience comes first. Everyone is empowered to bring their best, & create new ways to push the brand forward. Do you enjoy developing amazing flows & experiences for real people? Do you love the idea of creating kick-ass design that simplify, demystify, & bring joy to complex computing ideas, & taking people on a journey? Working to make UI a new standard at Kano, while helping to deliver campaigns that take Kano to a new mainstream audience. Do you love technology, coding, creativity? How about bring a mission that aims to empower everyone to create technology, & shape the world around them?
Kano creates computer & coding kits for all ages, all over the world. Our mission is to empower a new generation to create technology, not just consume it.
- In just over five years, weve sold, built & shipped over 450,000 kits to 150 countries, our oldest computer maker was 81 years old, our youngest was 4.
- Winner of Time Magazies "TOY Of The Year" award for the Harry Potter wand
- Kano is available in over 4,500 retail locations, & our partners include Amazon, Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, & more.
- Our products are used in thousands of code camps, schools & libraries worldwide, helping to change the face of education, including integration with the national Argentine education system.
- Kano has raised > $30m from the worlds best technology investors, including co-founder Saul Klein, Breyer Capital, Index Ventures, Collaborative Fund, Jim ONeill, James Higa & Troy Carter.
- One of Fast Company's Top Ten Most Innovative Consumer Electronics companies (currently 2nd) alongside Apple, Amazon, Google, Microsoft & more.
- Our fans & customers include Steve Wozniak (co-founder Apple Computer), Jimmy Wales (founder Wikipedia), Marcus Persson (creator of Minecraft), & many more.
Kano is evolving from a startup to becoming a mainstream consumer creativity brand. Along the way, our audience is expanding, & we will interact with millions of customers this year. We are an entrepreneurial, nimble, can do business & we must retain this culture as we scale. Our mission remains the same, to help people create technology, not just consume it.