Support & delight Flexports clients
Flexport is looking for a partnership driven, commercially minded individual to own regional leadership of trucking strategy & execution within the East Coast markets. You will not only manage partnerships & drive carrier development, but also help promote net revenue growth by means of strategic procurement, volume allocation & pricing decisions for your region. This role enables you to work cross-functionally among several different teams at Flexport, such as the Client Solutions, Network & Trade Lade Management operations, Ocean, Finance & Legal.
You will be responsible for bringing on new business, growing existing accounts, driving technology adoption, overseeing service compliance & much more. You will organize the development of new services & lanes within your markets to ensure Flexport upholds the strongest carrier network in the industry. This role allows you to become an expert in your domain while exposing you to multiple facets of the Freight Forwarding business.
- Execute on regional trucking strategy: ensure healthy growth within their markets, execute carrier & market strategy, negotiate carrier contracts
- Develop & manage local carrier partnerships: maintain, manage, & be key growth contact for trucking partner relationships with your market. Ensuring success of technology strategy
- Manage trucking partner SLAs: including compliance in relation to performance, compliance & technology use
- Procure & negotiate rates for your markets: maintain competitive spot & contract rates
- Own pricing strategy & drive net revenue within your local markets: provide markup & ICC guidance, set sell tariffs
- Establish regular market updates as the regional trucking expert: leading enablement with an in depth understanding of the local market nuances & conditions
- Client solutions & account support: support sales in winning new business, including attending & joining client meetings.
You should have:
- BA/BS degree and/or 3+ years of experience in relevant freight forwarding, transportation or supply chain roles
- Knowledge of product & technology within the industry
- Experience with regards to imports and/or exports from a sales, operational or procurement perspective.
- Experience building & maintaining relationships & partnerships with vendors
- Analytical skills & metric / data based approach to solving problems
- Strong analytical background & knowledge of analytical tools (Excel, etc)
- Strategic vision & ground floor execution
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, & organizational skills
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.