Insights Analyst, Marketing Solutions
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, & every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities & gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products & technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion & purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
As a Marketing Insights Analyst, you will leverage one of the richest proprietary data sets in the world to discover insights that help our advertisingsales team serve our clients & agencies. To be successful in this role you need to be highly analytical, with a strong intellectual curiosity & be comfortable responding to & structuring ambiguous requests. You will also have a passion for querying databases in SQL or have comparabletechnical skills. You must be able to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment & work with sales teams to figure out exactly what is impactful to clients. Your stakeholders will not always know what is possible, so it is important that you ask effective questions to get clarity in addition to managing expectations on what you can deliver.
Key responsibilities in this client-facing role include conducting custom analyses, preparing & delivering client & agency presentations, providing consultative advice to LinkedIn’s top sales reps & responding to client & agency requests. You will become an expert at using coding languagesto extract data from LinkedIn’s massive data warehouse & turning that data into compelling stories that help our clients become more successful.
- Leverage LinkedIn’s unique data to create innovative, custom analyses & tools to address business challenges
- Write SQL/Hive/Pig/Python queries to extract necessary data, analyze the results to generate actionable insights & present the findings either in Tableau, Excel or PowerPoint
- Understand LinkedIn’s marketing ecosystem & bring new ideas in social media analytics & measurement to market that helpend-clients make better marketing decisions
- Collaborate closely with the sales, business analytics, product & insights teams to provide analysis, reporting & tool-building capabilities that inform our key stakeholders
- Build cross-functional relationships & partner effectively with other teams for collaborative opportunities
- Develop scalable & repeatable playbooks/narratives for internal & external stakeholders
- Developcustom analysesnarratives to help our clients & prospects better understand the value of LinkedIn data as related to digital marketing
- Serve as a strategic advisor to internal & external stakeholders as it pertains to data usage, insights, & measurement
- Travel is required as part of this role approximately 10-15% of the time
- Bachelor Degree
- 1+ years of experience in a digital marketing analytics
- 3+ years of experience in an analytics or consulting role
- Experience analyzing data in SQL, Excel, SAS or other similar software
- Experience building visualizations with data
- Experience with data analysis & storytelling
- Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical & non-technical audiences
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, presentation, statistical & data analysis skills
- Experience turning data into insights & presenting to internal & external stakeholders
- Experienceworking with non-technical stakeholders (sales, especially)
- Experience withbig data technologies like Hadoop
- Experience of working with agencies & a familiarity with the media agency landscape
- Expert knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint & Excel)