Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
As the Operations Coordinator, you will report to the Head of Operations. You will work closely with the CRO to provide executive administrative support, increase communication flow, & coordinate day-to-day logistics for him. In addition, you will work closely with the operations team to maintain a positive culture & support priority projects across the revenue organization. You're a smart, friendly, highly organized plan-maker with an extraordinary attention to detail & relentless drive to get things done.
- Are a self-starter who can take a challenging task & run with it
- Are interested in people operations & upholding culture across an organization
- Think about projects from all angles & understand how people might feel on all sides
- Have an uncanny knack for converting chaos into order
- Have a knowledge of, & interest in digital media & the advertising & marketing industries
- Have strong problem solving & analytical abilities
- Have excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Are an expert multi-tasker who always stays cool under pressure
- Are comfortable interfacing with senior executives within Vox Media & across the industry
- Are deeply committed to discretion in a role with a lot of exposure to private information
- Care deeply about the quality of your work
What You'll Do:
- Proactively coordinating day-to-day logistics & providing administrative support to the CRO who is often on the move, as well as the teams they oversee
- Planning & scheduling meetings, conferences, conference calls, video conferences & offsite meetings for the organization & ensuring said events run smoothly with thoughtful agendas
- Building systems & processes for the organization including onboarding processes, innovating on the ways we manage team members in outer offices, & more
- Managing & coordinating international & domestic travel & logistics
- Assisting the Head of Operations on cross-functional projects, turning amorphous ideas into actionable projects & managing them through to completion
- Owning information flow & communication across the organization & senior leaders at the company
- Creating high quality materials for meetings & other high-level events & summits
- Providing research support to executives for meetings, offsites, & special projects
What You'll Bring:
- A BA/BS degree from a 4-year college
- A passion & interest for digital media & the advertising & marketing industries
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel & other web-based platforms
- Prior experience working in media, technology, or advertising
- Experience with or interest in Human Relations/People Operations
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.