Website Content Data team's mission is to provide a reliable platform for the our customers to manage & search their content. We build Java-based, low latency, & high throughput distributed content management systems at scale. We maintain the core data structure that represents any Squarespace website.
Your contributions will have an impact on millions of customers & users that visit Squarespace websites every year. We firmly believe that design is not merely "how it looks" but "how it works." With this in mind, our backend engineers work on product features that create the most seamless, integrated products possible.
It is not uncommon for an engineer on the content data team to advise multiple product engineering teams at Squarespace on best practices to build content management workflows. As a team lead, you will lead a team of 3-5 engineers, & would report to the Engineering Manager in our New York City headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Write server-side code, create robust high-volume production applications, & develop prototypes quickly
- Develop new features into the Squarespace platform, building backend services with Java
- Mentor junior engineers on the team, participate in code reviews, & provide higher level technical guidance
- Work with other engineers & designers to provide customer-focused experiences
- Ensure the reliability of systems essential to Squarespace users & businesses powered by Squarespace
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, & writing code)
- Contribute to team & company standards
- Object-oriented development skills & proficiency in Java or another Object-oriented language
- Experience managing teams of 2-5 engineers
- Experience developing large-scale software
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, & software design practices
- A sincere commitment to creating readable & reliable code
- Experience with database schema design, caching & scalability
- BS, MS, or in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.