BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Writer to join the branded Creative team in New York. You will work with the wider team to develop BuzzFeed & HuffPost content for advertising partners. Do you have experience writing for the internet? Do people love your Instagram stories/TikToks/tweets? Are you the first of your friends to know the latest meme or internet trend? Done some editorial work & want to switch over to branded? This may be the position for you! We're looking for someone who loves creating exciting branded work.
This role is a fixed-term, freelance position through the end of 2021 & reports to the Senior Manager, Branded Content.
- Create exciting & shareable BuzzFeed or HuffPost content this could be lists, quizzes, shopping articles, social assets, & copy for display ads
- Contribute to Creative meetings & brainstorm sessions
- Pitch ideas, both internally & directly to clients
- Work with our Sales & Account Management teams to ensure the brands needs are met through clear & open communication
- Manage multiple projects at a time & work with several different teams across the business organization
- Follow legal guidelines & client restrictions when writing content
- 3+ years of experience writing & producing content online
- Experience writing & producing a lot of content across many topics, from food to fashion to finance & beyond
- Experience translating client needs into amazing branded content
- Experience writing for multicultural audiences is a huge plus
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation & benefits package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.