The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source the business itself no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, & businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent & drive digital discovery, engagement, & revenue all from a single source of truth. Yexts mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
The rapidly growing Small & Medium sized Businesses (SMB) Division is a team responsible for growing Yexts revenues. Yext is seeking aRegional Manager - West Coast (RM) for ourSMB Divisionwho can help us continue to deliver best in class performance & availability to clients across the Western United States. The role will be responsible for managing a team of sales reps generating revenue by closing sales directly with clients & working with the account management team to secure renewals & upgrades, mainly via telesales contact.
- Build, oversee & help drive a team of sales representatives that maximize sales revenues, attain corporate objectives, & exceed sales goals
- Provide coaching, advice, support, motivation or information to help individuals meet & ideally exceed their defined sales objectives
- Work cross functionally with Account Management & Business Development Resources to drive new & incremental business, while retaining existing business
- Forecast annual, quarterly, & monthly sales revenue streams accurately
- Identify, develop, & implement effective sales plans & strategies
- Develop specific revenue plans for sales teams as needed to ensure growth in all products/services targeted by the organization.
- Train & coach sales representatives to structure deals that exceed revenue expectations
- Serve as escalation point for issues beyond team authority; resolve team conflicts as necessary
- Perform sales activities to achieve or exceed assigned revenue objectives
- Develop & test new sales strategies & tactics, replicating those that are most successful
- Keep abreast of & disseminate new product & industry knowledge to the team
- Maintain open communications & collaborate with cross-functional partners, including Client Services, Product Management, Consulting & Marketing to ensure timely & appropriate client solutions
- Work closely with Product Marketing on go-to market strategies & see them through to successful completion
- Participate in & run sales team meetings, sales management meetings & quarterly business reviews
- Perform other duties as needed/assigned
- BA/BS degree or similar college level education. In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience exceeding quota as an individual contributor and/or leader in field sales
- Strong sales, recruiting, leadership, organization, planning & prioritization skills
- Results oriented with multiple years of meeting or exceeding quota
- Experience in bringing innovative / market defining products to market
- Good interpersonal skills to align & foster positive working relationships across the organization (internal & external)
- Exceptional Project Management skills
- Ability to develop & critically analyze a sales pipeline & forecast
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Highly motivated & flexible individual
- Ability to travel
- 1+ years of demonstrated success leading & managing a field sales team & exceeding team quotas
- Experience in a marketing performance environment with a solid understanding of SEO & SEM
- SaaS, Local, Display and/or Search market experience
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, & excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well & offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, & collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune & Great Place to Work, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo & the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.