You understand & can explain complex financial services & 401(k) principals in an easy to understand way to plan sponsors. You excel at helping people make better financial decisions & welcome the opportunity to change the way companies help their employees save for retirement.
You love exceeding client expectations, have strong attention to detail, & know what it means to champion a brand. You are the voice of the company for clients, & relish providing them with that wow moment in an area where they havent previously been delighted. You are a strong communicator, both written & verbal, & are very organized.
This role is on the 401(k) Servicing team within Betterment for Business, Betterments 401(k) product, servicing plan sponsors at companies using our 401(k).
A Day in the Life:
- Successfully assist our 401(k) plan sponsor clients with all questions, specifically as it relates to recordkeeping & reporting, payroll administration, audit, & some compliance oversight
- Be the internal voice of the 401(k) client to offer insights to Product, Marketing, & Engineering teams to help build a better product
- Deliver above-and-beyond, consistent 401(k) support for plan sponsors in line with best practices
- Identify opportunities for improvement within our existing practices & evolve them as we continue to elevate our support offerings
- Provide exceptional onboarding planning & support to ensure we achieve client goals from the onset to set the tone for their Betterment for Business experience
- Your time will be spent on approximately 80% client-facing & 20% project-based work
What Were Looking For:
- Relevant experience supporting clients in financial services or technology
- 401(k) experience - ideal candidate has retirement industry designation (e.g. DC-1)
- Excellent client communication skills to best manage & support our clients through whatever needs arise
- Comfort working in ambiguous situations; propensity to solve problems on the fly, as we continue to encounter new & different client questions
- Strong ability to adapt, learn & do, as we are constantly iterating & do not adhere to the status quo
- Excellent organizational skills; you will handle a number of inquiries simultaneously & must be able to prioritize effectively
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health & well-being, & being on a journey of non-stop growth & evolution.
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, & celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, & regular knowledge sharing.
- Youll stay Happy & Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up & cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, & a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- Youll have unlimited paid personal & vacation days, & a team that cares about your whole life, not just what youre working on.
- Enhance your skills & abilities through Betterment University courses & additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge & transparent workspace through mentoring & career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, & show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to email@example.com
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.