At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for a Regional Director to revolutionize transportation in New York & take the reins in one of our largest, most complex, & strategic markets. This leader will be based in our New York office leading large teams executing against operational strategies & will report to the VP, East.
Luckily, youll have a phenomenal team behind you. You will work closely with many of Lyfts cross-functional subject matter experts in product, engagement, online acquisition, brand, & more. The bar is already extremely high, but we raise it an extra notch to find someone who shares Lyfts vision of improving people's lives with the world's best transportation. We are passionate about defining Lyft as the ground transportation partner of choice, ruthless about our results, & value our diversity, inclusion, & having fun.
- Lead & execute on large key strategic initiatives, working cross-functionally to drive business performance & hit OKRs.
- Scale & develop high-performing, diverse teams (100+) across service, local operations, rental operations, & key partnerships.
- Support the public relations & public policy teams by representing Lyft locally.
- Navigate the regulatory landscape - negotiate, problem solve, & operationalize to ensure Lyft can continue to grow.
- Synthesize market feedback for broader operations, product, marketing, customer experience, & other business unit teams
- 10 years of senior strategic operating experience in a fast-growth environment
- Experienced in leading, resourcing, & building large-scale teams in the field - experience managing hourly/non-exempt workers in operations or service teams preferred
- Experience inspiring a team that is aligned with extremely cross-functional stakeholders. Skillfully scaling a operations organization into an efficient & effective team; demonstrated experience hiring, mentoring & retaining a high-performing team
- Operational & data-driven mindset, obsessed with eliminating wastes & creating efficiencies
- Entrepreneurial spirit or previous experience in early startups. You think outside of the box & are resourceful & fiscally responsible
- Highly collaborative with the proven ability to manage large scale projects & influence cross-functionally
- Comfortable leading within matrixed organizations, pulling in thought leaders from both internal & external resources to foster knowledge & expertise for their teams
- Experience working in local New York government or with local/provincial regulators
- Experience working as part of a field team managing multiple locations
- Personal passion for community motivated to inspire others by a deep connection to Lyfts mission & core values
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.