Who we are
At Justworks, youll enjoy a welcoming & casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, & the ability to interact with & learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard & care about our most prized asset - our people.
Were helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. Were data-driven & never stop iterating. If youd like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful & having fun while doing it, wed love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals & shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product & in our team.
If this sounds like you, youll fit right in.
As an Underwriting Assistant at Justworks, you are someone who is curious, a problem solver, comfortable with asking questions, & learning new concepts. Your days will be spent supporting our team of Underwriters and working cross-functionally with other departments & outside vendors. Our team helps evaluate workers compensation insurance risks for new customers joining the Justworks platform. As part of a growing team at Justworks, you will witness your ideas turn into process & procedure improvements.
What you'll do
- Review applications & related documentation for acceptability according to underwriting guidelines & determine tasks to be completed before moving forward
- Ensure all required customer documentation is accurate & collected in a timely manner to insure proper coverage is initiated & maintained for Justworks customers
- Resolve workers compensation related customer inquiries/issues
- Apply principles of critical thinking to define problems, collect data, & create resolutions
- Communicate with company underwriters, internal teams, & vendors to provide status or additional assistance as needed
- Continue to learn & grow through webinars, workshops & learning platforms
- Share your input through trainings & creating resources for your team & others
Who you are
- Minimum 0-2 years of work experience
- Demonstrates the ability to learn on the fly & apply new information/concepts into practice
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented - able to review data sets for accuracy
- You like working with people & helping others solve problems
- You are flexible & open to changes in processes or teams
- You enjoy fast-paced entrepreneurial environments & want to help build something meaningful
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, & life experience is the norm & is celebrated authentically & respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people & our product drives creativity & innovation, entrepreneurial leadership & integrity, competitiveness & collaboration throughout our business & in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, & our product accessible to all of our customers.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.