New York, USA
Squarespace is looking for a versatile legal counsel to join our Legal team. As a key part of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with stakeholders from all company departments & advise on a range of legal & business issues. You will serve as a strategic advisor to the company.
This role is based in our New York City headquarters & reports directly to our Assistant General Counsel based in Dublin, Ireland.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority & we will continue to monitor the status of COVID-19.
YOULL GET TO
- Provide legal & regulatory advice to our various product teams from the initial stages of product development to launch on a broad range of product
- Provide advice on legal issues to all levels of business teams, up to & including senior executives
- Provide creative, flexible & proactive advice on a broad range of compliance areas for multiple jurisdictions, such as consumer protection & privacy
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment & meet short deadlines
- Identify & evaluate business & legal risks, & find practical solutions to mitigate those risks
- Help build, administer & improve effective processes
- Provide support on a variety of other legal topics depending on your background & interest
- Work flexibly & creatively to own ad-hoc projects
- Collaborate with, & periodically travel to, our other offices
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Previous in-house experience is a plus
- A passion for technology, especially online commerce
- Self-starter with great judgment & the ability to work well both independently & collaboratively
- Excellent interpersonal, written & oral communication skills
- Flexibility & creativity in solving problems & dealing with ambiguity
- Strong interest in learning new areas of law & business
- Admitted to & in good standing with at least one state bar
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.