Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions & consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clientsincluding more than 50% of the Fortune 100choose Foursquare.
Foursquares toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual & Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze & identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquares industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter & Uber; & optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago & Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap, & then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners & more.
About the Team
The Client Solutions Engineering team is responsible for prototyping, custom & interim solutions that help Foursquare go-to-market faster & meet the needs of our clients & partners. We work directly with clients & partners providing technical guidance & making sure they are able to use Foursquare products & data effectively. We are a high-impact team of developers working on the bleeding edge of the full suite of Foursquare products & data working closely with our Sales Engineering, Client Success & Product Management teams as well as with clients & partners.
About the role
As a Client Solutions Engineer you are responsible for building & delivering custom datasets & interim solutions using location & POI data for Foursquare clients. You create workflows to ensure products & client data are ingested into our Data Warehouse & available for internal stakeholders. You are the primary technical point of contact for clients licensing Places & Analytics Solutions (visits) data - providing support & guidance to ensure clients are able to use Foursquare data to power their products. This role can be based in NYC, Seattle, Chicago or Los Angeles.
Responsibilities of the role
- Explore, build, deliver & maintain custom datasets & workflows that help internal stakeholders & our clients use our products in new & exciting ways & enable our product team to gather early market feedback
- Provide developers documentation to help them use our products - everything from integration & onboarding guides to FAQs
- Act as the first technical point of contact - providing support internally & externally for Foursquare products & data
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role or similar working experience
- 3+ years programming experience (we use Python & Scala primarily)
- 2+ years experience with SQL (we use Postgres & Hive) and/or NoSQL (Mongo)
- Fluent in shell scripting & comfort with command-line utilities
- Experience with AWS (EMR is a plus)
- Demonstrated experience supporting external clients (preferably), or internal stakeholders
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Nice to have:
- Experience in Technical Account Management or similar role.
- Experience with data analysis & notebooks (we use Databricks)
- Experience with Big Data (PySpark, Hive or similar)
- Experience using a workflow management system (Airflow, Luigi, etc.)
- Experience working across several teams (technical & non-technical) in a cross-functional role
- An understanding of AdTech & Location/GIS industries & data
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.