This job posting is for a role in our Tribeca office in downtown Manhattan.BlockFi is looking for an experienced UI Designer to join our team in an exciting time when our brand is focused on elevating our presence within the fintech industry.This Designer will play a critical role in the successful rebrand of BlockFis site & product suite. We are building a design-centric workflow, & are focused on creating an innovative & beautiful digital presence.Were searching for a candidate who will deliver compelling & meaningful digital experiences in accordance with BlockFi's tone & brand guidelines. The ideal candidate will have experience in interaction design, visual design, prototyping, & user testing.This role will collaborate directly with the Creative Director & cross-departmentally to achieve design solutions that align with BlockFi's broader brand narrative.
- Collaborate with Creative Director to take basic wireframes, concepts, prototypes, & project briefs from low to high fidelity.
- Collaborate with Creative | Design team on evolving style guides.
- Deliver rational & elegant comps, flows, & assets for BlockFis website & product suite.
- Work with Product Managers & Engineers to ensure the final product matches the design & fulfills product requirements.
- Ad hoc asset resizing, cropping, retouching, color correcting & optimization of images for the web for our day-to-day digital business needs.
- Produce solutions that are visually enticing, easy to use, & emotionally engaging.
- Ensure that BlockFi content is brought to life with unique, user friendly, high quality design, without jeopardizing site performance.
- Work within brand guidelines to create designs that reinforce the BlockFi brand style & voice through its visual touch-points.
- Exhibit a broad understanding of the digital landscape, leading trends & changes in consumer behavior.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies & creative techniques.
- Participate in user research & testing to ensure product usability & consistency.
- Actively assess website & app improvements to ensure BlockFi remains a pioneer in the fintech & crypto industries.
Experience & Technical Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in directly related to UI & Product design; agency & design studio experience preferred.
- Comfortable with rapid prototyping.
- Sophisticated design aesthetic & understanding of information architecture.
- Strong perspective on what makes a great product experience.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite [especially Illustrator, Photoshop, & InDesign], Sketch.
- Experience with prototyping tools, presentation production [Keynote, Powerpoint, Slides], 2D & 3D motion, & video editing.
- Possesses a genuine curiosity of design, communication & technology trends, & keeps up with competitive developments within these industries.
- A creative thinker & fast-learner with a keen eye & hand for graphics, layout & typography.
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment & turn around superior creative work in extremely limited timelines.
- Excellent communication & teamwork skills.
- Ability to apply editorial & design concepts from industries outside of fintech.
- A rational thinker with the ability to question & negotiate instructions when needed.
- Willingness to identify inefficiencies with current state processes & offer up solutions to improve them.
- Based in the New York City area or willing to relocate.
Please include a portfolio of relevant work with your application. Your portfolio should illustrate your design processes, & showcase your role within each project.
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, & driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
- Weekly lunch, office snacks & coffee