Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Mailchimp CX & Design is a multi-disciplinary department comprised of brand design, marketing design, product design, design operations, & customer experience design. We work cross-functionally with just about every team from marketing to product to culture to deliver a unified customer experience & bring the Mailchimp brand to life.
Were looking for a Senior Design Manager with a solid understanding of design process within mid to large size organizations to lead our Marketing Design team. In this role, you will be leading a team of designers that increase feature awareness through the marketing lifecycle as well as collaborating with our .com & product design efforts. You love being plugged into the customer journey & obsess over building a cohesive digital experience. You love working with a diverse array of people, embracing design challenges & cultivating transparency Youre highly collaborative & comfortable leading design critiques. If this sounds like you, & you'd like a chance to join the Mailchimp team, we'd love to hear from you.
What youll do here:
- You will actively manage digital & interactive designers & provide guidance, oversight, & mentorship to the team
- Set expectations & help promote a fun, highly collaborative team culture
- Lead & mentor team through helping to set career goals, weekly 1:1 with team members & guiding through daily challenges
- Manage teams visibility, documentation & process tools
- Work closely with marketing managers to advance patterns & standards as well as finalize timelines & deliverables
- Work with the team to ensure exceptional design deliverables; set & exceed best practices & standards, measurable impacts, & design integrity in the final product
- Collaborate with other design managers on product & experience consistency
- Motivate the team to create designs that constantly push boundaries to keep MailChimp at the forefront of UX & digital design
- Oversee project timelines & deliverables, guide production pipeline & communicate evolving project goals
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have extensive & direct design experience
- You have experience managing creative design teams
- You have a strong background with leading marketing design & product awareness initiatives
- You have advertising agency experience - portfolio showcasing full service work
- You have a bachelors degree in a relevant field preferred or equivalent experience
- You are an excellent communicator (verbal & written)
- You have a portfolio to illustrate applied experience as the creative process leader on projects
- You have the ability to embrace change & hyper-growth with nimble ease in adapting
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.