Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, & team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, & New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, & it starts right here at Gusto. Thats why were committed to building a collaborative & inclusive workplace, both physically & virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Gusto is the People Platform. We help small businesses with Payroll, Benefits, & HR through a combination of in-house services & strategic partnerships with best-of-breed industry players. We are building APIs, toolkits, & other services to enable our partners to build their own payroll products on our platform.
About the Role
We are looking for a creative entrepreneurial Senior Product Manager to join our team to define product vision, strategy, & roadmap on new APIs, toolkits, & integrations to create a platform of tools for our partners. This is a brand new initiative at Gusto, & were looking for someone to join as an early member. Youll have freedom to work closely with customers, partners & a dedicated team of engineers to explore, iterate, & build the future you strongly believe in. The role requires a unique combination of high-level strategic thinking, user obsession, & focused execution.
Heres what youll do day-to-day:
- Spend time with customers & partners & translate their needs into APIs, developer toolkits, & integration experiences that make users smile
- Identify emerging technology & industry trends, build businesses cases, & define vision, strategy, & roadmap for future platform investments.
- Partner with engineering, design, & data science to ship solutions that delight customers & partners, balance customer impact & engineering effort, & make measurable impact on the business.
- Define, understand, & improve key product & business metrics. Youre excited about the business impact of your work, & can work collaboratively with key stakeholders from go-to-market to customer service teams.
- Regularly take risks & make calculated tradeoffs.
- Be an owner of products & businesses, end to end.
Heres what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of hands-on product management experience.
- A proven track record of building products customers love & taking products from 0 to 1
- The ability to paint a compelling vision to inspire your teams & senior leaders. Ability to articulate & build business models & supporting roadmap.
- Pay great attention to detail. Youre excited about 99.999% reliability as well as beautiful UX & API design.
- Strong product discovery & research skills, especially in a 0-1 space.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills in articulating customer pain.
- Be entrepreneurial, driven, passionate about our mission, & have deep empathy for our customers
- Demonstrated success building developer APIs products or 3rd party integrations
- Bonus: experience working with enterprise customers
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $152,000 - $180,000 in Denver & most remote locations, & $169,000 - $200,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience & expertise & may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life & so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values & our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.