What we do
As the SaaS industry continues to grow, software companies cant rely on a great product alone to succeed. They face endless competition, live or die by customer acquisition costs, have to earn customer loyalty every day, need to operate across borders, & must navigate increasingly complex regulations.
Paddle alleviates this pain & enables software companies to respond faster & more precisely to growth opportunities with its Revenue Delivery Platform. Our all-in-one platform is purpose-built for modern SaaS execution & already powers growth for over 2000 software companies, globally. Paddle integrates checkout, payment, & subscription management, making it easy for our customers to activate new business models, enter new markets, turn on new offerings, & renew subscriptions anywhere in the world, compliantly.
Paddle has grown over 100% annually from our headquarters in London, with customers all around the world. After raising our Series C, we are building our first commercial team to grow rapidly in the United States (where over half our addressable market resides). This is where you come in!
We are looking for a smart, entrepreneurial & autonomous Business Development Representative to help us achieve our ambitious growth plans. This is an exciting time for you to join- youll be part of an enterprising, foundational team to expand Paddles footprint in North America.
As a BDR in our Sales team, you are the first point of contact for all of Paddles sales efforts. Youll generate demand, interest, & excitement for our products while partnering to create a steady pipeline of business to arm your counterparts on the Account Executive team. Your core task will be to take on cold leads from our research team, warm up the relationship & convert them into qualified opportunities.
Youll actively contribute to our revenue while learning the ropes of a growth-stage startup & the in & outs of sales at Paddle. We take career development seriously, so once youve demonstrated youve mastered the role, youll have the opportunity to graduate from a Business Development Representative into an Account Executive role at Paddle.
What youll do
- Quickly develop an understanding of our customer base, generate conversations from inbound interest & outbound outreach. Convert these conversations into qualified opportunities for our Account Executive team.
- Kick off conversations with cold leads & partner with companies of all sizes, from tech startups to well-established SaaS businesses.
- Effectively showcase Paddles set of products & best practices through email, phone, Zoom, & social media.
- Manage & prioritize your time so you consistently over-achieve your targets.
Wed love to hear from you if
- You have experience in a previous Sales / Business Development role, ideally as part of a SaaS or B2B company, & are always happy to proactively engage new customers through email & phone.
- You believe in a consultative & human sales approach & understand that every conversation is different - we don't use scripts at Paddle.
- You see the benefits of Paddles set of products - we strongly believe that our products are helping other Tech companies grow & we want to work with people that are passionate about Paddle & can articulate its value.
- You can operate in an unstructured environment & embrace change.
- You are comfortable generating your own pipeline through outbound sales & cold calling & setting up great foundations with our potential customers.
- You are enthusiastic & ambitious, with a desire to build a career in sales.
Why youll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of 160 & growing people. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees & we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly & respectful culture.
We live & breathe our values, which are:
Solve for the Customer
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, 401k plans, health insurance, a health & wellbeing platform & coaching sessions.
We are a digital-first company, which means you can work remotely or from an amazing office if you prefer, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays & 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats & much more. We truly invest in learning & will help you with your personal development, from constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning stipend to regular internal & external training.
Our mission is to help software companies succeed enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics & marketing tools to understand & grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run & grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
Deloitte Fast 50 named us amongst the fastest growing software companies in the UK four years running, & weve raised over $93m in funding from incredible investors such as FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, & 83North.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply & we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly & we are a family-friendly employer.