Company Description|Job Description
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. We recognize that business is both messy & social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
We are looking for an outstanding FrontEnd Engineer with the skills to bring new products to market & improve our existing platform & products. You will have the opportunity to make a difference as we strive to connect all of the companies in the world & make business applications better for people.
We believe in team-based component ownership, development & quality assurance. We expect engineer involvement from product inception through production support. Our teams have great autonomy & responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies & approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level. Of course, this will not be easy; you will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
We value individuals who are passionate, who care, & who can set a direction for their peers.
Do you like procurement? Don't answer yet! We have a full fridge of beer & soda, ping-pong room, nice folks, great jokes, a lot of fun in the office & we've been working with bleeding edge technologies like React, event stream architecture, microservices, Docker & Kubernetes, AWS & fairly new MacBook Pro.
So, do you like procurement & want to build & be part of the future of B2B e-Commerce? We are looking for talent & personal drive. If you have at least 4 years of experience & you are a great developer with a focus on craftsmanship, we would love to hear more from you! Don't be shy & send us your rsum.
What a day is like:
You will be implementing, growing & maintaining apps & services that bring to our customers a modern, managed buying experience.
You will be a member of a skilled, cross-functional & self-driven team, that includes FrontEnd Engineers, QA, Designer & Product Manager. You will collaborate with colleagues from our Buy division, from various Tradeshift offices, such as Copenhagen & Novosibirsk.
You will be carrying out your tasks within an agile framework, actively brainstorming & collaborating with your team to find the best solutions that enable great Buy customer experience.
- Have experience with React & Redux or Angular/Vue.js
- Have experience with Node.js/Express.js
- Be familiar with RESTful APIs
- Have experience with HTML, CSS (LESS is a plus)
- Can write high quality code & unit tests
- Can design & develop user interfaces with emphasis on usability
- Have knowledge of ES6 & webpack
You also have:
- Experience working with agile & scrum methodologies
- A keen interest in the latest technologies
- The ability to communicate clearly & concisely to engineers, designers, & product managers
- Basic knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- Be fluent in English speaking, reading & writing
Our Bucharest office is full of rebels - people who like to challenge the status quo. We're a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact & we enjoy the freedom & autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, & guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride & passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong matchin the middle of the work day, & then you'll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy & the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions & feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, & guts.
- Ambitious international startup, & agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career & professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with & learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday & Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly & relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations & more!