**This position will be expected to work out of our NYC office in a hybrid capacity**
VaynerX is a full-service global communications & advertising agency built for the now. VaynerX is the holding company for VaynerMedia (and its international entities), Vayner3, Gallery Media Group (including its publishing properties, PureWow.com and One137pm.com), Sasha Group, Tingley Lane trading, VaynerCommerce, & Eva Nosidam. We deliver integrated programs across creative, strategy, production, & media all under one roof centred on driving relevance for clients & delivering impactful business results. The independently-owned agency was founded in 2009 & our family of companies has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, Amsterdam, APAC & LATAM.
About the Role
As VP of Learning & Development, you will develop & execute the overall strategy for the delivery of training, development, & engagement to VaynerMedia. The Learning & Development team plays a critical role in enhancing employee performance, increasing engagement, & improving organizational effectiveness. The ideal candidate will have a breadth of leadership experience in optimizing organizational effectiveness, set data-driven objectives, & work collaboratively with executive leaders to address talent growth opportunities & assess educational needs. They should have a passion for learning, a strategic mindset, & a commitment to excellence.
- Represent EDU within the People & Experience Team (PET) & partners with PET strategists to identify training needs of the org
- In partnership with EVP/Capabilities & Education (EDU), responsible for career planning & development programs, leadership development, & enterprise L&D priorities in a fast-paced & rapidly evolving environment.
- Consistently seek opportunities to optimize our current performance management program & conduct an annual audit of training offerings & needs
- Partner with PET to pull talent analytics to measure performance & utilize data to inform senior leadership.
- Oversees organization & logistics for all Training offerings (with support from L&D Coordinator)
- Set strategy for employee & leadership development across organization
- Partner with PET/Strategists on standards & execution of career planning strategies & initiatives"
- Maintain & initiate EDU training & development programs
- Coordinate EDU-adjacent initiatives owned by key stakeholders (e.g., Partnerships, Consulting, Legal, etc.)
- Identify trainers for all EDU-run sessions & run Train the Trainers sessions with EVP to scale offerings
- Act as SPOC/liaison for all external trainings & partner relationships (in consultation with EVP/EDU)
- Consult with non-VaynerMedia entities across VaynerX on VM offerings, approaches, best practices, etc.
- 10+ years of experience designing & leading L&D programs at scale, preferably in high-growth corporate environments
- Experience with various training methods, including on-the-job coaching, mentorship programs & e-learning. Mapping out training plans & schedules, designing & developing training programs (outsourced or in-house) for corporate, HR training & more
- Current knowledge of effective learning & development methods
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor & evaluate)
- In-depth understanding of best practices in learning strategy development & execution
- Proven experience with curriculum development & delivery methodologies & best practices
- Experience in leading & managing a team
- Knowledge of current learning technologies, assessment & survey platforms
- Ability to match personal work style & approach to build trust & credibility
- Thrives in a collaborative & team-oriented culture
- Ability to drive projects through strong project management skills, leadership, influence, & broad knowledge base
- Experience & interest in advertising, social media, & marketing a plus
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Google Suite, Zoom, Slack, Learning Management Systems (LMS) & human capital management systems (UKG) a plus.
Unsure if you meet the qualifications? We are always looking for talent which will continue to cultivate an inclusive & representative team that will enhance our perspectives, skill sets, background, & behaviors. We encourage those who are passionate about what we do to apply!
- Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, & location.
- Base Salary $150,000-175,000
- Employer-sponsored 401k with match
- Medical, Dental, & vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Caregiver (Parental) Leave
- Health & Wellness benefits