WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
As the Packaging Engineer at BARK you will translate design vision into compelling physical form via collaboration & expertise of what makes a wonderful package. You will be responsible for proactively bringing innovative packaging solutions forward, testing those solutions, & implementing packaging designs that are an integral part of the BARK product creation process.
- A bachelors degree in packaging engineering, industrial design or a related discipline is required.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in industrial or consumer packaging
- Technical knowledge & understanding of packaging design validation standards (ISO, ASTM, etc.), drafting & specification standards is essential
- Solid judgment, problem solving & decision making skills are necessary
- Must be able to work independently & as part of a team. Understanding of process improvement, quality improvement concepts is needed; ISO 9001 certification (e.g., CQA, CQE, CQIA) is desirable
- Should have experience in rapid prototyping
- Must be able to demonstrate project management skills & experience; project management certification a plus
- Demonstrable proficiency in 3D CAD software is preferred
- Manage complete packaging development process, including the creation of prototypes, proof of concepts, & performance testing.
- Work closely with sourcing around costing, vendor selection/management, & PO issuance.
- Partner with sales & merchandising to create retail POS solutions, pitch presentation materials, & support product development collateral needs
- Provide technical packaging expertise to bridge designs into physical forms across multiple types of packaging (corrugated, plastic, etc.)
- Continuously collaborate with creative, merch & product teams to deliver new products to market.
- Analyze design drawings & specifications of product to determine physical characteristics of item, special handling, environmental & safety requirements, & types of materials required for packaging
- Optimize packaging supply base for cost, lead time, quality, regionalization, standardization, supply assurance, & compliance with customer, regulatory, & internal requirements.
- Establish standards & guidelines for supplier evaluation. Work with sourcing to evaluate & select packaging suppliers/vendors; periodically conduct vendor reviews.