We are reinventing global trade.
The Developer Experience team is rapidly growing, & we are looking for engineers to contribute at all levels. This team focuses on optimizing the developer experience & maximizing engineering productivity. Our applications are currently running on Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), but with our recent migration to Service-oriented architecture (SOA), were starting to push the limits. We are building the Flexport Kubernetes Engine (FKE) to support stateful & stateless workloads & integrate multiple AWS managed services. This team builds our CI/CD pipeline, enabling deployments to our various environments on this new infrastructure.
What youll do:
- Develop reusable tools, frameworks, processes, & automation around build/deploy/test workflows that help engineers set up, implement, & deliver their services as quickly & easily as possible.
- Codify software development life cycle (build, deploy, test, refactor, release with no downtime) that enable high-quality release in all environments.
- Own our developer experience by working with engineering teams to identify & resolve areas of developer friction.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, & maintainability.
- Enable service migrations from ECS to K8S.
- Automate integrations with engineering systems such as Github, Artifactory, Jira.
What youll need:
- 5+ years of Infrastructure or Software Engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with containerized CI/CD pipelines & creating reproducible builds from development to production.
- Demonstrable skills in at least one programming language.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.