At Feather, our mission is to transform humanity's relationship with material goods to create a healthier & happier planet. We are a fast-paced, innovative team whose passion lies in delighting customers & helping people live lighter.
Feather is seeking a data scientist to work closely with our leadership team & investors to help drive the strategic direction of the company.
Youre a great fit if youre happy to get to work on a wide array of tasks & projects, but also understand strategy & have the desire to build a team as we scale the data function.
What youll do:
- Use analytical thinking, mathematics, & data manipulation to build models that can be used across various functions within Feathers operations, engineering, & finance teams to make better & faster decisions
- Build scalable practices to create a solid foundation for Feathers backend data structure
- Clearly define analytical business problems & create innovative solutions for them by facilitating the application of cutting edge techniques
- Create a foundation for a data team & build the team over time by developing KPIs for the function & job descriptions for additional data hires
- Transform large sets of raw data into easily consumable reports & models to be read by technical & non-technical users
- Create dashboards & reports to empower teams (within Looker or excel).
What you need to be successful:
- 1+ years experience in a data-focused role
- Strong written & verbal communication to easily articulate findings to teams with varying degrees of experience with data analysis
- Ability to work as an individual contributor to tackle basic data needs, & context switch to use higher level thinking in team meetings & strategy planning
- Experience applying Machine Learning techniques & using platforms such as TensorFlow, Python, Pandas, etc.
- Experience with Looker & the LOOKML
- Experience & background in Finance is a big plus- specially in the creation of proection models
- Some experience with AWS - Redshift services
- Some Data Engineering experience or knowledge of ETL process preferred.
What youll get when joining Feather: