Want to help people get the financial protection they need & feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare & buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, weve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital & helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly & looking for people with grit, great attitudes & creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why weve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role...
As Director of Business Operations for our Life Insurance team, you will lead a high performing, multi-disciplinary team & work cross functionally to develop strategic initiatives, deliver business impact, & delight our clients & strategic partners.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to balance problem-solving & process, think both strategically & tactically, & bring a deep understanding of the interplay between operations, marketing, product & business intelligence. You should have experience developing a strategic roadmap & executing cross-functional initiatives at a high-growth technology or financial services company. You likely come from a deeply analytical background, with experience developing & scaling people processes with the goal of driving performance & delivering impact. The ideal candidate for this role is just the right mix of a skillful problem solver, thoughtful operator & dedicated people leader.
This role reports to the Vice President of Life Operations.
- Lead a small but mighty team that works across the Life Operations organization & with other stakeholders to ensure smooth & effortless operations during a period of rapid growth
- Analyze real time & historical performance metrics to maximize efficiency & mitigate issues; regularly report out on operational KPIs & SLAs
- Combine qualitative & quantitative insights to launch initiatives that will improve processes across Life Operations teams
- Partner with Product, Marketing, Business Intelligence & frontline teams to implement changes to market segmentation, workflows, & incentive systems
- Evaluate contact center data to identify trends that signal opportunities, challenges, & risks & recommend actionable processes & tactics
- Create workforce management plans including forecasting, scheduling, tracking, monitoring & reporting daily & monthly statistics; track progress of teams & individuals against targets
- Develop relationships with senior stakeholders on other teams, addressing concerns & removing roadblocks to drive projects forward
- Manage special projects as needed
- 7+ years of experience leading strategic initiatives in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Prior experience in an operational, project management, or management consulting roles
- Strong business insight & strategy paired with a desire to work through problems & guide meaningful business decisions, sometimes with incomplete information
- Extraordinary communication & interpersonal skills & the ability to effectively navigate & influence change across all levels of an organization
- Excellent people management & coaching skills paired with a track record of leading business operations teams,from recruiting to performance management & professional development
- Natural curiosity, exceptional analytical skills & the ability to structure & process qualitative & quantitative data, formulate & test hypotheses, synthesize your findings & draw insightful conclusions
- The ability to remain focused & organized in a dynamic environment, bringing order to chaos & driving execution
- A go-getter attitude; youre willing to be proactive & take on new projects & responsibilities
- Appreciation for a well-placed gif!!
Working at Policygenius
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join (Shhh Its a secret!)