Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Data division is part of the Visa's technology organization. The division is responsible for maintaining Visa's data assets & provides value added information products & services to our clients & for visa internal use. The data platform consists of various repositories which include relational database, big data, Hadoop & other proprietary data stores. The client access to data is enabled as information products & services through a set of Web Service, BI products & Files.The Platform as a Service (PaaS) group is part of the Data division that manages Data Service platforms, provide data administration, data subscription & data services capabilities internal & external use. The platform enables services to access external data sources in cloud environments. The Subscription includes the access administration of BI products, Data API, Files & data. The platform also provides location based services by integrating with external location based providers through APIs.
The position is responsible for the maintenance of the Data Services platform, design & development of various data as services platform components for the rollout of new BI products & services to Visa clients & for internal use. The position is also responsible for the end to end implementation which includes maintaining the project schedule, tasks, dependencies, coordination with other groups & the management of the vendor development resources. The data services platform consists of web & web services components developed using Java/J2EE & messaging technologies.
- Design & develop data administration web interfaces for data management & Access Administration
- Develop Web Services (SOAP & Rest) for data access from the data platform
- Expand the platform capabilities for the roll out of new BI products, Files & add new capabilities to the existing BI products in the platform
- Develop new data subscription web applications
- Develop Security & integration components for data extraction, & internal /external application integration
- Develop Test Automation scripts & Automate Deployment of various Data services components
- Develop code that follows established coding guidelines & Visa security standards
- Work independently & responsible for the unit testing of various data as services platform components.
- Author design, build & installation documentations
- Work closely with various teams to diagnose, troubleshoot & fix issues that cause impact to customers
- BS / MS in Computer Science, or Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of web & web service development using J2EE
- Development experience in a Cross-platform, multi-tier environment
- Development experience in Cloud/Virtual environments
- Open source framework experience such as Struts, Spring, Caster, Quartz, DWR, JQuery, Angular JS
- Message based application development using JMS, MQ Series/Rabbit MQ.
- Web services standards & related technology knowledge (XML, XSD, WSDL SOAP, Rest etc.)
- Big data Hadoop, No SQL database experience
- Experience in implementing caching technology
- Knowledge in Administration of application server (tomcat)and MQ Series
- Experience in integrating third party APIs
- In-depth knowledge of software development life cycle.
- Relational database & SQL development experience
- Agile & waterfall development experience
- Strong communication skills, with proven ability to present complex ideas & to document in a clear & concise way
- SOA concepts, ESB & Data power appliances knowledge
- BI application knowledge is a plus
- Development experience using STS/Eclipse tool
- Experience using version control & bug tracking tools
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.