When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges & an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago & finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years & we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines & restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, & giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants & consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world & we do this in real time. Millions of customers & thousands of restaurants & riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And were just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at 7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking & travel to retail & communications - its clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FTs list of Europes fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, & we were the first company ever to win Deloittes UK Top 50 two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Deliveroos Information Systems teams are currently running numerous change projects globally to support the rapid growth of the company & were seeking an experienced Project Manager - Salesforce to manage Salesforce ERP projects over multiple systems.
The Project Manager will primarily be responsible for managing the delivery of Salesforce projects as the customer project manager. You will manage the projects using Salesforce Agile Methodology according to the agreed upon scope, time & budget all the while ensuring the highest degree of satisfaction.
The Project Manager is a key player in managing, tracking & communicating the progress of projects & in ensuring the quality delivery of multiple concurrent Salesforce projects within a matrix environment. From initiation through to completion, the Project Manager will be responsible for planning specific engagements, managing the business requirements & the review & signoff process. They will manage the execution of deliverables while controlling scope, executing the change management process when needed & ensuring timely resolution of discrepancies & project roadblocks. They will also be responsible for key deliverables such as Project Kickoffs, Project Plans, Change Orders, & regular Status & Risk reports whilst facilitating planning sessions at various stages of the project lifecycle. Critical to the success of this role will be the setting & management of expectations in regards to project scope, stakeholder responsibilities, project timelines, change management processes, communication & risk management plans.
- Bachelors degree preferably in Management Information Systems, Accounting, or Business
- At least 4 - 6 years of experience in systems applications consulting, either internally via an IT organization or with a consulting firm or software provider.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering projects using Salesforce Agile Methodology is a must.
- Strong background in Project Management, including experience developing work-breakdown structures & project plans, most notably in Microsoft Project.
- An excellent understanding of common industry standard business practices as related to Accounting (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Invoicing), Sales Force Management (Opportunity, Proposal, Sales Orders, Forecasting, territory management & Quotas), Inventory Management (Purchasing & Fulfillment) as well as support (Cases Management & Territory Management).
- Excellent client management skills & the ability to work with customers to develop & manage an implementation plan.
- Manufacturing and/or e-Commerce experience is desired, but not required.
- Demonstrated experience in translating customer business requirements into a workable world-class software solution.
- Experience with software in an ASP/SaaS environment is a plus as is any experience with financial accounting, customer management & Salesforce automation software.
- Youre unbelievably well organised, you love details & dont have a cluttered desk.
- Youre patient, understanding & love a challenge;
- You are proactive & full of ideas
- You have outstanding interpersonal & communication skills excellent listening capability & an ability to deliver a message with empathy
- Youve got strong analytical skills;
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, were always looking for new ideas & were very transparent about the decisions we make & why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer & plenty more we havent even encountered. How do data & technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - & there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth & personal impact is enormous.
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business & we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away & relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners & because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed & able to share in the companys success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.