The Analytics team is a newly formed organization designed to deliver data-driven insights & strategic guidance across Optoro. As a data analyst on this team you will be expected to draw on your extensive quantitative skillset in order to take data from its rawest forms through the cleanup, transformation, interpretation, & recommendation stages. The pointed, data-driven recommendations that come from your work will be leveraged by members of our client organization to solve their most pressing analytical issues & help fundamentally shape how Optoro utilizes data to better the lives of our clients.
The leveling for this position is for a Senior Data Analyst.
You will report into the Director of Analytics & work closely with Optoros client teams & other members of the data organization.
What Constitutes Success In The Role?
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Take broad, open-ended questions & identify clear steps for how to break them down & develop data-driven answers
- Deliver actionable data-driven insights & recommendations to stakeholders both at Optoro & across our client partners
- Extract, process, & analyze vast amounts of data using technologies such as SQL, Tableau, & Excel
- Communicate & work closely with members of Optoros client organization
- Champion the merits of analytical thinking & data-driven analysis throughout Optoro
This role will be responsible for:
- Defining & documenting how Optoro quantifies client health & disseminating that understanding to our client organization
- Designing & delivering standard client performance dashboards that explicate the current state of inventory recovery & profitability
- Performing ad-hoc exploratory analysis to understand not just the what but also the why of various outcomes related to client health performance
- Responding to the changing priorities of our client teams & bringing forth innovative solutions to solve their most difficult problems
Requirements for the Role
- Strong quantitative-reasoning abilities:
- 3+ years of experience in a quantitative field such as Data Analytics / Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or similar subjects
- Proven competency in taking ill-defined business questions & translating them into testable hypotheses
- Specific experience leveraging a broad set of quantitative techniques ranging from basic arithmetic to complex algorithm development & predictive modelling
- Proven track record of delivering value to organizations through data-driven research & analysis
- Excellent technical skills:
- Proficiency in SQL & at least one data visualization tool (Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Capable of manipulating large datasets in Excel
- Experience extracting data from relational (PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.) & non-relational databases (Snowflake, MongoDB, etc.)
- Bonus if you have experience manipulating & analyzing data in Python (Pandas, NumPy, etc.)
- Top-tier communication skills:
- Extensive experience communicating quantitative concepts to non-quantitative audiences
- Demonstrated capability extracting necessary information from meetings & written communications
- Understanding of how to navigate conflicting priorities across different teams within the company
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.