You are unique. So are we.
Care/of (takecareof.com) is a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup. We offer personalized daily vitamin & supplement packs, recommended for people based on their diet & health goals. Delivered with a touch of joy. Care/of launched in 2016 & is based in New York City. (And were excited to meet you.)
What youll do:
As our Quality Control Specialist, you will manage sampling & testing of bulk, finished product, packaging components, retain samples, & stability samples to ensure compliance with the established regulations (21 CFR Part 111). Youll be responsible for reviewing & analyzing data against established specifications to ensure that the identity, strength, quality, & purity of the finished product is not compromised, & authoring OOS reports when appropriate.
- Manage the quality control sampling & testing of dietary supplements in accordance with established test methods & USP guidelines.
- Coordinate with external laboratories to ensure all testing/analysis is conducted according to approved test methods, SOPs, or associated documents & meets the product specifications.
- Review technical documents such as certificates of analysis, analytical test records, stability data, etc.
- Partner with our Inventory Management team to perform Incoming Material Inspection (IMI) for finished products & packaging components.
- Perform & document out-of-trend (OOT) & out-of-specification (OOS) investigations in a timely manner. Determine & implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Implement & manage a stability program, including authoring protocols & final reports.
Who you are:
- Proud owner of a BS and/or MS degree in Nutrition, Chemistry, or other science-related degree
- Backed by 2-3 years quality control experience in a GMP-regulated industry with GLP experience
- An exceptional communicator & analytical problem solver
- Experience juggling multiple projects simultaneously, working independently, & on a cross-functional team
- Background in dietary supplements
- Experience working in or with start-ups