About the Role
WeWork is seeking a Business Systems Project Manager to facilitate the execution of a variety of project across the Business Systems spectrum (People Systems and/or Financial Systems).
The successful candidate will be responsible for being the Business Systems lead on a portfolio of projects, developing project plans & overseeing the execution of projects leading discovery sessions, facilitating conversations, using project management tools to manage remote & indirect team members, providing updates to stakeholders, managing issues & mitigating or escalating risks, etc. Additionally, the ideal candidate must thrive in fast-paced environments, be able to manage & work to bring clarity through ambiguity & complexity & support multiple projects simultaneously.
Business Systems includes the systems used globally by WeWork to manage & maintain employee populations (People Systems with Workday being the global HCM system) & financial transactions (Financial Systems with Workday being one of the core financial systems).
The successful candidate will partner with various business stakeholders & Business Systems teams to seamlessly bring together internal & external project team members to complete project work & deliver a timely & complete solution. You will also perform basic cost-benefit calculations, integration analysis, & prioritization exercises related to systems changes.
- Balance multiple products, services & projects at once & drive high velocity change.
- Represent Business Systems with the leadership of the functional stakeholder teams.
- Gather critical information required for Business Systems to develop a project scope & plan & to define the business needs & value for the project.
- Keep Business Systems team members informed about the status of initiated projects.
- Partner with functional leads on the M&A team, Corp Tech, Finance, HR, & global teams to plan & execute tasks associated with projects.
- Partner with business liaisons & technical teams to understand & define system integration goals & technical system integration requirements.
- Work to identify systems, business processes, & policies that may be impacted by the project or have an impact on the project.
- Facilitate system integrations outside of Business Systems through connecting acquired company POC (point of contact) with appropriate WeWork POC.
- Sell ideas or visions through storytelling. Influence & advise stakeholders at all levels & positions in the company. Deliver thorough, appropriate & timely communications. Clearly communicate complex technical subjects to business & technology stakeholders.
- Create technical specifications & processes using structured analysis & data modeling techniques (e.g. process flow diagrams, entity-relationship diagrams).
- Able to use visual techniques, both in diagrams & informally on the whiteboard, that make it easier to understand & reason with difficult problems.
- Participate in or may lead system & user acceptance testing efforts.
- Build standards, processes, procedures, & guidelines for business liaisons & software developers.
- Assist business liaisons to evaluate cost-benefit & ROI analyses.
- Understand system interdependencies & collaborate with project teams accordingly
- Develop & manage detailed project plans in tools like JIRA, Smartsheets, & Monday.com.
- Manage vendor statements of work, project budgets, & invoice payments.
- Develop detailed system requirements, test plans, & training materials.
- Strong at problem solving & able to design solutions that meet a range of sometimes conflicting requirements.
- Able to build strong personal relationships & trust.
- Able to facilitate disparate stakeholders & team members & drive consensus in meetings, workshops, & one to one interaction.
- Willingness to travel domestically & globally as needed
- Willingness to participate in meetings outside of core hours to support global projects & team members.
- 5+ years of experience in a Project Management role
- Bachelors degree in Business, Computer Engineering, (or related field) and/or 5+ years experience in Project Management
- Organized, analytical, motivated, resourceful, flexible, & collaborative.
- Ability to collaborate with WeWork & acquired company business stakeholders; Corporate Technology tech support, training, systems engineering, infrastructure, information security, audiovisual, & project management teams; & vendors.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies & changing business requirements
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products.
- Ability to partner with software & service vendors / engineers to identify course of resolutions.
- Attention to detail focused on the finer details that make the difference.
- Delivery focused, pragmatic, & driven to get practical solutions live.
- A self-starter with a proactive attitude who seeks out opportunities for yourself & your team; strong work ethic.
- Awareness of industry trends such as challenges & best practices.
- Positive attitude generating enthusiasm among team members.
- Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills.
- In-depth understanding of iterative software development methodologies & software development life cycle.
- Understanding of iterative & incremental Service delivery.
- Experience using tools to capture user stories, test cases, sign-offs, etc. JIRA is preferred.
- Experience using project management tools like JIRA, Smartsheets, Monday, & AirTable.
- Strong Excel, Microsoft Project, & PowerPoint Skills
- Certifications such as Agile, CSM, Lean Six Sigma or PMP a plus
- Experience or knowledge of infrastructure & cloud technologies a plus