BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
Are you a pattern seeker & a pivot table lover? Do you gobble up data like Pac-Man gobbles up those little white dots? Do you believe that data tells you whats happening but half the fun is figuring out why? BuzzFeed has an opening for a People Operations Analyst. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Data & Analytics, you will help guide the people analytics function at BuzzFeed. You will be a consultative partner pulling data from disparate sources, completing analysis to provide insights to leaders, empowering HRBPs with analytical tools & training, & creating dashboards for people metrics across the business. BuzzFeed is working remotely through at least September 2021, but this role will be tied to our NYC HQ. Being based in the NYC area is ideal for time zone consistency & the eventual return to our office (which, we promise, is really awesome), but we will consider all candidates who are legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Gather & manipulate data from multiple sources to help tell the story about People at BuzzFeed.
- Train & empower HR Business Partners to use self-service tools to access, understand & take action on people data.
- Provide detailed reporting on all stages of the employee lifecycle (think evaluating our recruitment funnel, reporting on current employee trends, & analyzing attrition data)
- Apply your expertise in data analysis & visualization to see beyond the numbers & help BuzzFeed maximize the potential of our greatest asset - our employees.
- Work with experts across the People Team service areas (L&D, talent acquisition, payroll & mobility, DI&B, compensation & benefits) to improve overall strategic insights.
- Respond to frequent requests for just-in-time data (and can balance that with your core projects).
- At least two years of work experience focused on using data to uncover insights that guide decisions. Relevant experience includes (but isnt limited to!) people analytics, FP&A, sales operations or management consulting.
- Strong proficiency using Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to analyze data & to tell a story with data to non-technical audiences.
- Experience using HR systems such as Workday & Greenhouse & research insights tools like Qualtrics.
- The ability to discreetly work with extremely sensitive data.
- A keen eye for detail. So keen, in fact, that youve read all the way to the bottom of this posting & know that your (non-formal, please) cover letter should be addressed Dear People Ops Team!
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.