The Role: Principal Data Scientist Ireland
Job Location: We have a Dublin Office open to hybrid or remote Ireland based candidates only
Rue Gilt Groupe is looking for a Principal Data Scientist to join our industry leading Data Science Team in Dublin, IRE. In this role, you will work with our seasoned data scientists & engineers to build innovative solutions that power our profitable, off-price, luxury e-commerce business with three uniquely established brands: Rue La La, Gilt, & Shop PO.
We inspire confidence & spark delight in over 30M+ customers, & we are evolving our data analytics platform to unlock significant opportunities for continued growth & success. Come help us build the next generation of our products!
- Work on challenging projects involving NLP, computer vision, recommender systems, advanced statistical prediction models, & other AI technologies to drive revenue & enhance personalized shopping experiences of our 50M members
- Build end-to-end large-scale batch & real-time data pipelines for data processing
- Design scalable architectures & services that can efficiently handle large amounts of data
- Work with a state-of-the-art data technology stack (Spark, Tensorflow, Snowflake, Airflow, AWS Ecosystems) that operates in the cloud to empower predictive modeling services for both internal & external customers
- Brainstorm next-gen data product ideas with the data scientists building exciting projects used by millions of our customers daily
- Work closely with fellow engineers from other teams to design & develop cross-team data exchange microservices, effectively communicating your needs & understanding theirs
- Gain exposure to a wide range of business stakeholders & departments ranging from Marketing, Merchandising, Engineering, & Executive Leadership
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate & deliver on data-driven product objectives
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness & innovation. Were committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow & bring their full self to work. Even if you don't check off every qualification in the job description, that's okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you & sparks delight! We can't wait to learn more about you.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field desired, but not required
- 7+ Years of relevant experience in data science
- Experience building scalable microservices for delivery of high-volume data on AWS or other cloud platforms
- Deep understanding of system design, data structures, & algorithms
- Experience writing clean & efficient code in Python, SQL
- Experience with Infrastructure as code (CloudFormation/Terraform)
- Experience working with structured, unstructured data & table design
- Experience working in an agile environment producing deliverables in a quick & iterative manner
- Experience working with distributed big data technologies like Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra
- Experience with Apache Airflow or other workflow orchestration tools
- Experience with Deep Learning frameworks (Tensorflow, Keras and/or Pytorch)
- Experience with Information Retrieval systems like Elasticsearch, Lucene, or Solr
- Experience with Streaming Infrastructure (Kinesis, Kafka, Spark Streaming, Flink).
- Experience with web technologies like Django, React, Node.js
- Fluency in English
- Outstanding interpersonal & communication skills to interact with internal & external stakeholder while working in a collaborative team environment
About the Data Science Team:
The Data Science Team gives you with the freedom to use the latest cutting-edge techniques & technologies in their experimentation to move the data science & personalization efforts forward with the goal of increasing the magic of our 50M members' online shopping experience & our annual revenues. We are positioned very uniquely in the sense that the team is responsible for both creating data science solutions & productionizing the solutions in a scalable cloud environment, which removes the barrier between the science & engineering that we typically see in the industry.
Job Location: Remote, Hybrid, Ireland based candidates only
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY & CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupes policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated & proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. Weve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium & luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites Rue La La, Gilt, & Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion & technology, were also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, & ourselves to push past the expected every day. Our culture is rooted in our values & together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious & Empowered.