As Ninth Waves Senior Vice President of SaaS Operations, you will be a key part of our leadership team & your responsibility will be to manage all aspects of Ninth Waves SaaS Services -- its financial services applications in a cloud infrastructure. This includes build & deploy, operations, security, & P&L management. It includes leading a DevOps structure to provide high quality, continuous operations, & ongoing support ensuring the applications meet critical service level objectives, customer requirements & company financial objectives.
* Define & implement the AWS cloud infrastructure necessary to meet the service level & cost objectives required by the applications.
* Define & implement an overall strategy for application operations using DevOps principles & support to ensure scalability, fast delivery, provide reliable services & cost-effective operations.
* Define & implement an overall strategy for application infrastructure optimization, performance & capacity. Balancing cost of infrastructure & support against over provisioning of resources.
* Ensure that daily, weekly, & monthly system maintenance activities (backups, log file maintenance, security patches, etc) are completed within acceptable windows.
* Supervise service providers to meet the day-to-day requirements & also react properly in the event of issues.
* Implement a process methodology that provides predictable operational framework (DevOps + ITIL _ SOC 2) ensuring that operational activities are managed promptly, with repeatability; driving towards a highly scalable operational model.
* Establish & maintain good communication with both engineering & business partners in order to facilitate & optimize productivity through proper use & support of systems.
* Maintain & enforce the security of the environment, ensuring EEI meets the letter & spirit of its published security policies. You will be the Ninth Wave Chief Security Officer.
* Provide proactive capacity & performance management; making recommendations for improvements to ensure there are enough resources to grow with business demand while constantly looking to improve the efficiency of the hardware & personnel resources.
* Implementation & enforce of IT policies & procedures within the scope of enterprise application support & change management in the production environment
* Maintain application inventory & documentation for all supported systems for asset management.
* Lead the daily administration & troubleshooting of system & application issues. Provide support for client issues.
* Assist with disaster recovery planning & testing
* Support both the production & QA environments
* Provide reports on systems performance, capacity, forecasting usage to assist in planning for future IT requirements & purchases.
* Assist with evaluations, feasibility studies, testing & recommendation of competing & alternative solutions which may assist the company in reaching its business objectives efficiently
* Be on call 24x7
Experience & Requirements:
* 8+ years infrastructure & applications operations experience (design & operations) primarily with the following technologies:
* All aspects of AWS infrastructure
* Linux, SQL database, Java run time environments
* TCP/IP networking including DNS, DHCP, & routing protocols
* Web & application infrastructure
* Knowledge of financial services protocols & systems a plus
* Strong background in security
* Experience providing client-oriented DevOps or operational support managing client issues & communications during incidents
* Ability to implement a secure operation function according to IT standards, industry best practices & procedures (such as DevOps, ITIL, & SOC 2)
* Proven ability to manage problems: troubleshoot & resolve OS, software & network problems; dig to root cause; manage issues during a crisis
* Be able to provide leadership in Security & Controls, as the Ninth Wave CSO. Lead the company to achieve SOC 2 Certification.
* Proficient, analytical, decisive
* Excellent human relations, communication, organization & team building skills.
* Ability to write clear instructions for operational staff & end users
* Detailed record keeping ability
* Ability to manage projects related to job functions
* BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related degree