Tribeca is a diversified media & entertainment company that owns the world-renowned Tribeca Film Festival, as well as a series of Tribeca-branded platforms, including Tribeca Studiosan original content development group that works with brands to tell award-winning stories from 9 seconds to 90 minutes.
Tribeca is more than a festival. It is an institution. Where community meets culture. A home for creative expression grounded in social change. If you are passionate, innately curious & strive to work with a team that empowers ideas & encourages questions, we want to hear from you.
ABOUT THE JOB + ABOUT YOU
The Tech Production Manager works under the Tribeca Immersive umbrella to facilitate orders,
organize, & delegate all hardware being used in the space. The Tech Manager should be someone who
is confident & proficient in computers & new technology. This person should be willing & able to
pick up new technology quickly & learn how to operate different systems needed to run VR at the
11-day festival. This person will be managing one other Tech Coordinator, so should have great
leadership & managerial skills. They will be working alongside the Technical Director, Producer, Artist
Relations Coordinator, & Programmers to assess needs in tech & troubleshoot. They will be
coordinating with tech companies providing materials & keeping track of those orders. They will be
organizing & testing projects that come in & managing the best ways to exhibit projects. They will
also act as on-site tech support during the festival for 25-30 projects.
- Maintain & organize workbook of project tech specs. Gather tech info by working with Artist
- Coordinator & Producer.
- Assess internet/wifi/Ethernet needs for each project & work with IT to input those requests
- for the festival.
- Work with tech companies providing gear & maintain a delivery schedule.
- Interfacing with production & warehouse team to ensure hardware gets to warehouse, venue,
- and shipped back after the festival.
- Manages daily tasks of the Tech Coordinator, who acts as Print Traffic leading up to & during
- the festival. Must be comfortable managing others & instructing them on priorities, daily
- duties, & goals.
- Responsible for setting up tech office right before the festival & maintaining gear. Ensuring all
- doors are locked at the end of the night.
- Responsible for distributing & collecting hardware provided to projects during the festival.
- Maintains diligent inventory throughout.
- Bachelors Degree with 2-3 years experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative work
- Must be comfortable & proficient in Mac & PC computers.
- Must be comfortable working & learning about different forms of VR technology, including,
- but not limited to: Samsung Gear VR, HTC Vive, Oculus, Magic Leap, HoloLens, etc.
- Must be willing to coordinate & collaborate directly with different departments in the festival,
- including Production, IT, Programming.
- Must be comfortable interfacing with artists & project teams to assist in set-up and
- troubleshooting prior to & during the festival.
- Must be flexible & comfortable working on their feet most of the day during the festival in a
- fast paced environment.
- This is a 40hr per week position with longer hours expected during the dates of the 2020 festival (April 15-25)
Tribeca is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.