Senior Manager, People Operations
The Senior Manager, People Operations is responsible for all aspects of the daily operation for HR. Reporting to the Director, People Operations, this role will play an integral part in growing our people processes & ensuring our HR initiatives run smoothly & contribute to a healthy work environment. The Senior Manager will develop processes for a variety of HR matters such as onboarding, payroll, compliance, & data management. The ideal person for this role should be excited to drive the HR operational & organizational excellence for all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Own the design, delivery, documentation & effectiveness of core HR operations & processes
- Ensure proper controls & procedures are in place to guarantee audit compliance
- Improve processes, prioritizing activities, bringing innovation, & ensuring a strong & stable infrastructure to sustain organizational growth
- Monitor internal HR systems & databases
- Oversee all employee life-cycle phases (from the hiring process to separation) for domestic & international workforce, ensuring that all relevant policies are well communicated & implemented
- Strengthen & modernize the delivery of high quality & timely HR support & services to staff, while developing cross functional collaborative partnership with managers, individual staff members & key stakeholders
- Review & ensure compliance to HR policies & procedures, coordinating the development of policies & handbooks for the US & international employees, & supporting their implementation & dissemination
- Monitor administration to established standards & procedures. Identify opportunities for improvement & resolves any discrepancies.
- Provide direction & supervision of the People Operations team, including monitoring & providing feedback on performance, & providing coaching for performance
- Work in partnership with the International HR team building management capacities to ensure qualified & trained Human Resources staff across the country offices
- Escalation contact for exceptions, policy & procedure clarification, & employees wanting to escalate
- Delegate & oversee special projects to the team & any requests that come in through the manager directly
Skills & Experience:
- Proven track record in implementing & scaling HR processes & operations
- Fundamental knowledge of managing an operational function
- Ability to develop clear & fair company policies
- Cross functional leadership abilities
- Superb interpersonal & communication skills, particularly in building relationships with business leaders & HR partners
- Ability to manage, coach & develop a high-performance team
- Proficiency in breaking down & analyzing process steps to identify areas where changes will elevate the performance of the HR Ops function
- Proficiency in identifying & analyzing key issues within a complex or ambiguous problem, identifying the root cause of the problem, & generating the appropriate solution
- Excellent project management skills
- Team Management Skills
- Proven ability to collaborate
- Strong knowledge of HR practices & procedures
- Experience with managing regulatory audits (e.g. SOX)
- Bachelors Degree in HR Management or related field experience
- 5+ years related experience in HR Service Delivery & Management. Demonstrated success leading high performance work team
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.